Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from the Puget Sound (Washington State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
I have been lurking here for a while, devouring the knowledge contained in your posts, and thought I would finally introduce myself. I should receive my first order from WLT today, and will probably be barraging you with questions shortly (don't worry, I know how to use the search feature also).

I have always loved tobacco and fine cigars, but the cost of smoking such on any sort of a regular basis has been beyond my means. I am not sure what prompted me to originally type "whole leaf tobacco" in to google, but since I did I have become consumed with the prospect of smoking cigars equal to the best money can buy for less than my former cigarette habit. I just ordered two cigar blend kits, plus a lb of dark air (for some chewing tobacco, although I will probably experiment with it in cigars too). Enough to smoke as much as I please for a month or two for the price of 3 or 4 higher end cigars..

I will be leaving via sailboat to travel the world in 3 1/2 years, and find myself altering my plans to include the tobacco growing regions!
The more I read, the more I realize how much more there is to learn

Ivar

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Although your general area is in the title of this particular thread, if you add a location to your profile, it will appear in every post you make, regardless of the thread.

With some careful study, you will find that "tobacco growing regions" include just about everywhere (except Antarctica). How long a period of time will your voyage entail?

Bob

Bob,

I plan to be gone 10 years or so, longer if my body holds out. I will sail as long as I can, then move back ashore. I am 43 now and will leave around 47. I am in pretty good shape for my age (and sailing keeps you fit) so I think I'll get a decade or better.

I have thought about growing, but I do not get much sun on my property because I have a couple dozen mature fruit trees. Maybe grow some shade varieties for wrapper, and trade them for different kinds of fillers? I will have to give it some thought.

I added my location to my profile

Yep, will definitely have internet access, although in some places (like ocean crossings) it will be expensive over the sat phone. Indianjoe, good call on the seeds! will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.