Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Wow. I wanna be at your house now.

Someone's eating good tonight:)

BarG

Founding Member
Make that tommorrow and be welcome!There should be enough to go around.
I am prepping for Bow season, I can go without cooking for a while. I save a 1/4 bridket every time to freeze after cooking. When I hit the woods I am good to go. I am not really in to survival weekends like my son in laws. They can't have none. Heh heh

Brown Thumb

Jeesh, what did you maranate it in. A 55 gallon trash bag?

BarG

Founding Member
Tony Chacheros.Black course pepper and salt. After searing both sides maybe an hour or 2 for smoke flavor before sealing. Trim exterior fat to about 1/8 " and save for mix with venison. Do tat first before seasoning.And super heavy duty foil after searing with a budweiser for moisture while sealed up. If you don't have budweiser Lone Star works too.:cool:

BarG

Founding Member
I think I can let tje fire die down and let the 100 degree heat here take over. 3/8 " steel works like a oven. Old Johnlee would beon my ass about this.I wrapped in foil to maintain a high moidture/ with a beer marinade. after about 3 hours open coal 14 hours more it'll be done, I]ll open it up in 7.

100_2504.jpg

Last edited:

Brown Thumb

Dang, the beer is not going to fill me up after seeing that.
Hope you got some corn on the cob to go with it. And watermelon for desert.

BarG

Founding Member
Dang, the beer is not going to fill me up after seeing that.
Hope you got some corn on the cob to go with it. And watermelon for desert.

Just potato salad and blackberry cobbler. I lived on it all week working out of town, and still have a weeks worth now I'm home and a big chunck for bow season. I like to cook a lot on the weekends to make easy during the week. During july 4 ,I got several huge racks of pork ribs for $1.50 a lb. when they are usually about 3.70 lb. They dissappeared already.

Ben Brand

Lots of beer!!!!!
Whao its week end. The local shops here got a new t-bone steak, they call it hobo-steak, its big, huge!! Don`t know if its donkey or horse meat:p, but man are they tasty!!!! Comes in a spicey marinade, suppose to kill the donkey taste:p. Will have a few on the braai (bbq) tommorrow, with a few pieces of Boerewors (spicy sausage) and a few tinnies. AND OF COURSE A FEW CIGARS!!!!

BarG

Founding Member
I finished a day early and TGIF because I feel good this morning. I don't even have to cook this weekend, just sit back,enjoy the fruits of my labor and see what I can get into avoiding trouble.

Bob was absolutely right on the temps needed to maintain the yellow on non flue cured virginias. I put a couple aside and they have darkened after a month. I'll post a before and after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.