Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

evening in Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
So more than just tobacco gets grown here, tonight was a meal almost entirely from the tobacco patch. It was a bed of mashed pumpkin from the heirloom long pie pumpkin. On that was pork sauteed with potatoes from the patch, which are grown right next to the cayannes giving it some spice. It was all deglazed with a Vermont craft beer called magic hat, and kale from the front of the patch served on the side.
IMG_20140811_183910.jpg

Dessert was served in a one of a kind, priceless possession: the pipe was crafted by Wallace from osage wood from Larry's farm, the tobacco a twist I made from various tobaccos including Don's Virginia bright leaf, Larry's red tips and fire cured amongst others.
IMG_20140811_190305.jpg
Absolutely wonderful way to finish a day.

POGreen

I gettin hungry now , lucky me that I'll have some flaesk in 10 minutes.....:D Looks really good Smokes
Don't you think that one gets the most out of your Smoke/snus just after a meal ?
I know I do , thats for sure.
Unbeliveable craftmanship by Wallace !

Brown Thumb

That looks yummy, too early for my belly to be growling. has this forum turned into the food network:confused:
The pipe Wallace made is Stunning.
Sounds like you had a nice peaceful evening.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Haha yeah I was thinking of your blog when I ran inside to get the camera.

I'm really proud of my 7-10 vines. I had never grown winter squash before, I read to expect 1-2 pumpkins per vine... Here is about 1/3rd the harvest.
IMG_20140811_145644.jpg

I used all my seed this year so one of the main priorities was to cross the 2 best vines onto the earliest fruit, that's the one with the ribbon. Next year I plan on doing at least 20 vines, but if I can figure a way I'd like to get it closer to 100 and have the plot I used this year for dedicated immature picking and the remainder to set out to mature to pumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.