Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Attempt to make Perique

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Well I just had to place an order for the Latakia from WLT, and thanks istanbulin , looking forward to a small sample of your oriental perique.

Markw

My o my what fun you guys have had with all this blending, It makes me want to go out and buy a pipe and start blending some myself. It all looks top quality and even better as it smokes well.
I hope some of you took some seed from the Cyprus plants as my seed supply is nearly exhausted !!

Planter

Istanbulin, did you try that Oriental Perique on its own? (Since it is lower in nicotine.)

istanbulin

Founding Member
Yes, I smoked it straight. It was mellow and fresh but not aromatic as unmanufactured (non Perique) Oriental tobaccos. It was actually not a nice smoke. I made that Perique batch out of poorly cured mostly lower leaves so that may an explanation but I believe Perique process itself is also responsible for aroma/flavor loss in Oriental tobaccos. I have another batch of Oriental Perique that I've started a month ago, out of mostly mid-stalk leaves. When it's done I'll let you know out here.

oldbear

Istanbul,

Congratulations and keep experimenting!

Oldbear

Status
Not open for further replies.