Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Newbie Member Looking To Get Started Rolling My Own Cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

Hi all Charlie G. here from just outside of Phila. Pa. I'm new to the site but have found great info so far on my quest to learn to roll some of my own cigars.
I know I won't be able to match the flavor profiles of my favorite sticks, such as Viaje, and Sancho Panza Double Maduros. But I hope to enjoy the challenge, and rewarding feeling I will get from lighting up my own hand rolled cigars while saltwater surf fishing the Jersey shore.
Thanks for any and all info the members will share on this quest.
I might have jumped the gun some but I have just ordered a Oscuro cigar leaf kit from WLT site.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find that you can match the quality, and approximate the flavor of your favorite industrial cigars.

I lived in Bucks County for several years, and graduated from Upper Darby HS back in the Dark Ages.

Bob

ArizonaDave

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find that you can match the quality, and approximate the flavor of your favorite industrial cigars.

I lived in Bucks County for several years, and graduated from Upper Darby HS back in the Dark Ages.

Bob

I doubt you're from the "Horse and buggy" days! Either way, you are a blessing on this forum. Bob is still the best!

Welcome to the forum! You might be able to Replicate the Sancho Panza's, a little unfamiliar with the rest. If you look in the Cigar section of the forum, there are some great videos on rolling. It takes some motor coordinating the first couple weeks, after that they'll even start looking great! Don't forget the thread "Post a pic of your sticks", even on the first few.
Have Fun!
You did right by starting with the rolling kits. It's the best way to know what flavors you like. Then there's the Blends thread that is good, that'll give you a good idea on what's worked for others.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Welcome CG,(and Don) I think You are in for a ride With the folks here? The sancho Poncho Panza Dbl Maduro were a slider from what stick? The blend is of a nature to as smoth to a bite, to a drink of some thing? Post more on that buddy. Got to figure out the tast?

BarG

Founding Member
Any and all are welcome here. Yankeeness don't matter.Says the Rebel Rouser.:cool:

Last edited:

moscca

Welcome Charlie G ! Lots of people here starting to roll here, enjoy the ride.

Jan.

charlie G.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Bob what a small world. I live 3 blocks from your old HS. I graduated from Lansdowne Aldan HS, way back in 75.

My fav stick would be a Maduro, so I will be looking for tobacco's to use to mach that type of cigar.
Again thanks for the warm welcome from all.

charlie G.

Thanks DGBAMA, I must be on the right track cause I ordered that kit last week for my first tries at this. I hope to post a picture of the first sticks when they are done.
I'm now working on figuring out a recipe with leaf amounts to start with out of the kit.

DGBAMA

I have not tried the kits, but they should be well proportioned. Set aside the wrapper and binder. Look at the amount of each filler variety. Reduce each on scale to the amount for one cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.