Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

do not crush

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

So CTbaccy puts on there, he puts: "Do Not Crush" big as blazes, both sides of the envelope, and circles it, too. I can imagine those clods at the post office getting a real good laugh over that. Just before they riverdance all over the thing. They get to carrying on and making such a noise the supervisor comes by. "What you knuckleheads up to now?" They show him the envelope. He says: "Here, let me show you younkers how we do round here," and fires up the forklift.

Eventually, time for them to all go home early, so they throw it on the truck. And throw everything else on top of it. Two days later, the mailman stuffs it in my neighbor's box, and tamps it in with his fist so he can slam the door shut. Do Not Crush. Right.

No prob. CTbaccy is such an old fashioned guy he still reads the newspaper. Has made a fine little shelter out of the folded Arts section. Here is what survived all in good order:

CTbomb.jpg

Somebody's got to invent an olfactory forum some day before I die. A snifforum, you know, so you can smell these superb sotweed samples Charlie laid on me today. All Connecticut grown habano wrapper, cured by himself. I'm gonna roll this round some likely cigar guts and shoot it back at him.

But first, that triple corojo torpedo, that gem, that's gotta burn tonight.

CT Tobaccoman

LOL, I had that thought, when I wrote DO NOT CRUSH that maybe it wasn't a good idea. You take good pics, Davis--the stuff looks better here than it does in real life.

CT

CT Tobaccoman

Hey webmost,

Made a little mistake in the note--the cigars with the Conn Havana seed wrappers are the Punch 10th Anniversary, Vigilante and the Sinclair with the blue foot. The black one is a PA Broadleaf wrapper and the Corojo is Honduran, I guess. Enjoy, they're all pretty strong.

Each pad of leaf has a paper inside that says what it is, which you probably found by now. That IS the Havana seed on top. Stemmed some more of that today--really huge leaves, nice chestnut color. Big veins, though. I didn't succeed in shrinking them enough. Havana seed is kind of new to me--it wasn't raised in Conn for 50 years and is now back but bigger than before. It has veins thicker than broadleaf or shade, and probably should have been fire cured instead of air cured, primed instead of cut. Repeated dry outs is the only way I know of to shrink those ropy veins, but I do like the color, and of course the taste--the main thing.

CT

Ben Brand

@#$%& that looks beautiful, I am so Flippen jelous of you lot in the USA. THE ONLY CHOICE OF CIGAR TOBACCOS I HAVE IN SA IS MY OWN. That is so damn unfair.
Think of me please when you smoke those.
Ben

BarG

Founding Member
@#$%& that looks beautiful, I am so Flippen jelous of you lot in the USA. THE ONLY CHOICE OF CIGAR TOBACCOS I HAVE IN SA IS MY OWN. That is so damn unfair.
Think of me please when you smoke those.
Ben

Be thankfull for what you got Ben. A few more years and you should have quite a stash if you save some. WLT is a must for getting started. Unloading my kiln tomorrow for another batch, I kilned 2 cigar filler ,wrapper, binder varietys [PA Red and Fl. Sumatra] in 5Lb vapor proof bags along with a lot of cig tobacco hands. This is the first time I tried it in a sealed bag , I seem to have the best results for my set up kilning in summer months.

Ben Brand

BarG, I must say I enjoy my own cigars, I would just like to taste someone else`s effords and cigars every now and then, just to compare. The ones I received from Webmost, the Drumstick competition, was heavenly. Its just a bit of a change to smoke something else made by someone else. SO ANY DONATIONS OR SWAPS WELLCOME.
:cool:
I dont put to much tobacco or cigars away, to many friends and family I must supply, but I dont mind.

BarG

Founding Member
Its just a bit of a change to smoke something else made by someone else. SO ANY DONATIONS OR SWAPS WELLCOME.
I dont put to much tobacco or cigars away, to many friends and family I must supply, but I dont mind.

I hear that! New and unique flavors.

DGBAMA

BarG, I must say I enjoy my own cigars, I would just like to taste someone else`s effords and cigars every now and then, just to compare. The ones I received from Webmost, the Drumstick competition, was heavenly. Its just a bit of a change to smoke something else made by someone else. SO ANY DONATIONS OR SWAPS WELLCOME.

So you can receive tobacco by mail in gift form, but for some regulatory reason cannot purchase leaf by mail?

webmost

So you can receive tobacco by mail in gift form, but for some regulatory reason cannot purchase leaf by mail?
I can tell you from the smidgeon I sent Ben that mail is exhorbitant and delivery is chancy.

I have an idea. Doesn't belong here. I'll start another thread.

webmost

Holy Moly! This Punch Rare Corojo is one damnhelluva smoke! Right up my alley!

I tried the VS figurado and the Vigilante. Still have never smoked a Victor Sinclair that didn't have a strong undertone of cardboard/ The Vigilante was an OK yard gar. But this Punch RC is sublime! Good thing you sent me two, cause I am already looking forward to the other one.

Taking a break now, watching the Cowpunks play the Ravens. When this beer is done, I'm going to buckle down and roll you some.

Thanks, CTbaccy. Nice smokes.

CT Tobaccoman

That's exactly my opinion of those cigars. The Punch can't be gotten anymore. It was a special production for the 10 Anniversary of the brand, and that was a few years ago. I smoked one yesterday too and it really was great. I only have a few more--should have got a couple more boxes back when they were available.

The wrapper on that Punch is the same as the CT Habano I sent you, the same field even. I'm glad that you liked it.

CT

webmost

The wrapper on that Punch is the same as the CT Habano I sent you, the same field even.
Same field even. I am impressed. Inspires me to sort thru that leaf and find some wrappers. Don't need that big a strip to wrap a wee perfecto. It's veiny; but it smells excellent. The rest I'm sure will make excellent binder. Throw it round some of Don's Criollo, with a bit of Aleman Capa Clara I have, for flavor. That's my idea. That's "ah lay mahn" BTW, not "ail man". I prolly have enough to flavor half a dozen. No longer available on the WLT site. Sounds yummy.

I dunno tho -- it's late now, and I still have a few in the mold need wrapping, so I may not get to that project until tomorrow.

I am trying deluxe's very sensible advice by rolling just four per day, rather than whacking out big batches. I can see where daily practice would build better skills than big batches with long rests between.

Fun. Life is great fun these days.

CT Tobaccoman

Same field even. I am impressed. Inspires me to sort thru that leaf and find some wrappers. Don't need that big a strip to wrap a wee perfecto. It's veiny; but it smells excellent. The rest I'm sure will make excellent binder. Throw it round some of Don's Criollo, with a bit of Aleman Capa Clara I have, for flavor. That's my idea. That's "ah lay mahn" BTW, not "ail man". I prolly have enough to flavor half a dozen. No longer available on the WLT site. Sounds yummy.

That sounds like a great blend. Too bad the veins are so big. Conn Havana seed is usually stalk cut and cured like broadleaf but this is a special hybrid that was picked in 3 primings and fire cured like shade. Leaves bigger than any shade. Biggest leaves I ever saw in Conn. I didn't have the facilities to cure it so as to eliminate those veins--I air cured it. It's a pretty color, chestnut like. It would make a pretty wrapper but probably is best as binder. Either way the taste should stand out.

CT

Status
Not open for further replies.