Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Easy grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gargynko

I asked my fellow grower here in Slovakia how is he shredding his leaves. He answered that he is not shredding at all...he just let the leaf dry crispy and crush it by hand. Then he sieve the shred and continue grinding residual fragments.

Do you think it could work for filling cig tubes? It sounds reasonable to me.

leverhead

It would probably work, but may tend to fall out in a package. "Bull Durham" cigarette tobacco was supposed to be a flake type "cut". That was a bit before my time, I've never seen it myself.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you smoke cigs you kind of need a shredder. Think of it as cost saving tool that will help you save tons of money by switching over and not buying store bought.

If you are still experimenting take well cased leaf and derib it. Then take your strips and lay them in a pile reserving a few good ones for rolling it like a cigar. Roll it tight then bind with a thin rope as tight as you can. Let it sit like this a few days then cut thin half moons of it and rub them out. You'll have a very nice shred that'll work great in a cigarette once allowed to air dry.

holyRYO

As the others said, the tobacco will fall out and the cherry will fall off, not good while driving. You need ribbons so that the tobacco weaves together and holds together. You can mix flake and ribbons, less falls out, less cherries fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.