Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Indian Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Been riding motorcycles since I was ten. In my sixty six years, I have prolly only driven a cage maybe as much as four, five years. Other than that, I frankly prefer weather, for lack of a better word. I truly believe that many of our modern disappointments with people can be traced to the fact that we have excluded weather from our lives. Weather inspires reverence.

Most all my life I have ridden used bikes; mostly Hondas; lately BMWs. Owned plenty of them. I've never owned American iron. Too much noise; too low quality; no desire to dress like a pirate. Now it's time to buy what may be my last bike. Think I'll buy new. If I ride it ten years, I'll be 76. Might be drooling in my jello by then.

Fairly certain the next ride will be this Indian Scout:

360-scout-23.jpg

Hit this link: http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/forum/53-indian-scout and click the 360 degree icon under the rear wheel for the best view. Going to Annapolis the first week of Sept to throw a leg over and unless she doesn't fit my butt I'll plunk down my money. I might just name her Rhonda after Rhonda Rousey, cause she's small, powerful, and red hot.

I'm stoked.

CT Tobaccoman

Used to drive past the Indian Motorcycle factory in Springfield, MA every day. Big old brick pile, still there but I don't think they still use it as a factory--they don't make Indian bikes anymore, do they?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Very cool bike. When I was a kid I was into dirt bikes. I can't remember how many times I saw "Indian in a basket" while searching the classified ads in the paper. I wish I would have bought a few then.

Indian Chief is the coolest bike ever made
1953-indian-chief-1.jpg

Maybe someday

webmost

Used to drive past the Indian Motorcycle factory in Springfield, MA every day. Big old brick pile, still there but I don't think they still use it as a factory--they don't make Indian bikes anymore, do they?
Latest outfit to buy the badge is Polaris. Brought back the big luxo baggers this year. Bringing back the famous Scout next year. Polaris has done excellent work with Victory, and have earned a top notch reputation. They have the pockets. I'd be surprised if they don't make a success of Indian.

The Scout was always the bike of choice for racers and stunt riders. The new scout shoehorns 100 horse into a small frame, and the style knocks it out of the park. Other than the small tank, this bike is me all over. Nimble, powerful, simple, and naked.

I love it.

rustycase

Never did the Indians.
Always been a Harley guy.

A few years back I axed an old feller abt Indians... He declared, everything about them was better than Harley, except for the engine.

...and who counts those imports? :) must have better than 1/2 dozen in the yard right now...

Most recently a Victory Cross Country just came into the family.
Very nice.
You might look at them.

Have fun,
rc

Markw

Fantastic looking bikes those Indian's are. Mind you we never had many of them over here, mostly Jap crap which we could race and crash. My friend married an American road-racer after meeting him at the transatlantic trophy meetings over here. He always said that the Indian was the best bike to be made in the States.
My brother who has been a bike mechanic all his life also loves the Indians over the Harley. Once a petrol head always a petrol head, I hope you have many happy hours driving that sexy machine.
Enjoy.

Desertpipe

I'm close to the same age, and have been riding for about as long. The RedHead and I have a garage full of scoots, and live just off one of the best roads for riding in the Southwest. Still have the tee shirt from the first and last annual meet of IMMI, one of the attempts to revive the Indian badge in the US back over a decade or two ago. I was part of a group that provided security for the event. That Polaris entry into the Indian fray is about as sweet a ride as you can throw your leg over, and the Red is a great color. One of my neighbors has a red Chief, and it catches my eye every time he rides by. Best of luck on this purchase, and ride safe.

Smokin Harley

which Brando you talking about...Marlon ( rode a Triumph in "Rebel without a cause") or "Along came Brando" the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.