Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pipe paraphernalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abador

Hey, I tried bringing my pipe to school and when I first brought it out someone told me it could be considered drug paraphernalia. I brought it home and I don't smoke enough to really need it while I'm at school. I am concerned that I might have this same experience if a police officer sees me smoking it and I don't want to have something like that on my record. Has any one else had trouble with this scenario and have you had a run in with the police because of your tobacco pipe? How did you deal with it or how do you plan to deal with it?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you are allowed by law and school policy to have it than do what you will. Otherwise abide by the rules. Common sense stuff.

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
So long as you have your tobacco pouch on hand you can allow the police to inspect your pouch and they will see it is nothing more than tobacco, I would caution you against using Latakia blends or aromatic blends outside and especially in your tobacco pouch, some folk find aromatics and Latakia blends to smell 'suspicious' and do on occasion ask if the pouch contents are "wacky backy", best keeping some simple Burley or Va on hand if you feel the need to smoke a pipe outside. After a few incidents with the police inspecting your pipe and tobacco pouch you'll get tired of the whole affair and like most of us will stop taking your pipe out with you, if the police are feeling particularly bored they have every right to search you and take you in for questioning under the suspicion of narcotics use, silly I know but it happens from time to time.

Desertpipe

What school level are you attending? This can make a difference in how the rules are stated and used to control what is considered contraband.

Brown Thumb

My nephew smokes a glass pipe with Baccy. He has been pulled over with it in the ashtray. The cops just sniff it, never had a problem. I was shocked the first time I saw it. I thought he was smoking pot.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
My hand rolled cigarettes get that attn. I fire one up as they look and smile. It may be a ploy to keep You from smoking near them. (tobacco) I'm sure they smoke pot. It is illeagal to smoke near any buildings within 20 foot here (Not Stag). I pop in a chew and threaten to spit on their boot HA HA. I do not get that with My Churchwarden. It may be an age thing where You are. Just do what You like untill You are told different and try not to offend folks that do not smoke out of kindnees. Pot is becoming more of a social isue and less leagal now days. Crack is what they are after now. Mad- LIVE AND LEARN WITHOUT FEAR, MAD-

Status
Not open for further replies.