Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My nephew is robinhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

nice shot. If I could figure out how to post a picture here ...I accidentally shot a whitetail deer in the eye once . never even hit an eyelid , dropped her before she knew she was hit .I had just gotten into my stand one morning right at shooting time ( 1/2 hour before sun-up), pulled the bow up the tree , my pack was still on the other rope at the base of the tree when I had heard a shuffling coming up the same trail I had walked in on. I was chewing levi garret and spitting on every 3-4 steps . This doe had her nose stuck to the spit trail and when I saw her ,she was just a silhouette in the trail. I grabbed my bow , nocked an arrow , and when she got to a turn in the trail ,she paused and thats when I sent it flying in the boiler house only as I released she turned her head to look behind her and up to this point I figured I had a clear miss because just in a flash she had disappeared from my sight. So, so as to not spook it if she stayed around I just sat back and waited for the sun to come up fully .Just a couple minutes later I see a half grown fawn ease up toward the spot and then trot away. She must have turned her head to look at the fawn when I stuck her. About 10 minutes later I grab my binocs and look around thinking she was still wandering around, I see my orange arrow fletchings sticking straight up . I let down my bow and get down ,walk over to the arrow and about 10 ft from it I see where I hit . I couldn't hit it again like that in a million years trying. I was doing taxidermy on the side for a few years then so I took the skull and did a european mount of it with the arrow still stuck in the eye orbit . Its on a plaque in the garage still with the picture .

BarG

Founding Member
A spike! Iam letting a son in law come next monday to hunt here so I have been letting the deer alone. I want one more doe at home before gun season though. I only have 2 bucks coming in to my home stand and the six point is under the limit on spread and the other is still to young also. That was a good shot to the vitals there.

BarG

Founding Member
I am shooting a 60# recurve, the deer around here are really highstrung, like a steel guitar., I could use some string silencers for my next hunt. It's amazing how fast ther reflexes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.