Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Distinguishing your blends while rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

roland7707

How do yall keep track of what tobacco you roll into each cigar? Do you write down what you put where and then band them different, like #1 "blend" has a #1 band, or something? If not and you cant remember what you put in it and like it, no idea how to replicate it.
How do ya keep it straight?

Ben Brand

roland
Thats exacly what I do, at the moment Iv`e got 10 blends, diff wrappes, binders and Ligero, viso, seco and so on. If I don`t write it down I`ll never remember all the blends.
Good luck
Ben

Gdaddy

Sometimes I write it on a paper band. However, my humidor has become a box of chocolates.

webmost

Each blend in its own cigar box. Contents on a note card in each box. If the blend ain't boxworthy, I give them away and forget about it.

roland7707

Where are yall getting paper bands from? Notebook paper, printer paper?

Indianamac

How do yall keep track of what tobacco you roll into each cigar? Do you write down what you put where and then band them different, like #1 "blend" has a #1 band, or something? If not and you cant remember what you put in it and like it, no idea how to replicate it.

Hi roland,

Tell'ya what works for me. When I create a blend, I type it into a word document on my computer. I then give that blend a name. Below is an example of one of my blends:

NICK'O

2- Nicaraguan Seco filler leaf
1- Nicaraguan Ligero filler leaf
1- Criollo 98 binder leaf
1/2- Maduro wrapper leaf

I also have these written in a note book, along with being saved in the word document. This is to insure that I do not lose all my hard work.
Hope this helps!

LewZephyr

I haven't tried em yet since I only have 10 rolls under my belt, but I found this site:
http://www.onlinelabels.com/cigars/cigar-labels.htm

FYI, click on the link for any one of the templates.
on next page on the right click the link to download blank templates.
All have an option for PDF and a couple have MS Word as an option.

Hope this helps.

ArizonaDave

100_5342.jpg

Here's my system. I have a blend notebook. I write down a blend I want to try, then on to a computer paper band I'll list the ingredients. Then I write down the notes, flavors. I'll keep messing with the blend if I didn't get it quite right, like 1-B, 1-C, etc. When I get one how I like it, then print labels for that blend on one page. Later, I might get a special paper to print on if I really like that blend.

The notebook is the key. You can number them or whatever system you come up with.

In the picture, instead of using scrap white computer paper, I used some of my colored labels that weren't printed. These particular blends are numbered, but I wanted to show what I put in them.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Strange You said that, I use a 1-10 lay out. That is not a score, It is a tobacco to what is in it for the date.OK - A one may be ,First roll- three of? blend. two would be five of(what) blend. Then band with date to look back on what it was and date for age. So I put 2 then 00/00/00 on the band. When I pull out the book and stick# (black). I can see how the age and blend went for the # two stick. Easy Hu? Now for the bad part! I was robed of My sticks on a job from home. Just had to throw the book in the drawer and start over. ....The Mad way.. Mad- ( I had a 100+ year old stick from the old man in it) WWAAA! So if I give a stick, I can tell You what is in it and time rolled as well as temp and humidity rolled. Just open the book.....The five brouthers Grimm has (had) a # for each. They were one to five and the bottom were on the list as A and B. The Latakia that was in the box has a history as well. Names and origens.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
You can have them printed with gold and siver, mulicolor at a print shop cheap. Have them printed by the page and cut Your self. I like to hand cut Mine from leaf and use 24K leaf on the darnd things. I put the makes on the over plastic in marker. Just get Your idea on paper for them to do their job, And WA LA. Mad-

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
PS: I forgot to tell You, That when You go to a print shop- Say the lables are Your pending. They will do one heck of a deal to get a cigar rollers work to advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.