Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowjack

Howdy, I am from the Evergreen state and currently reside in the sand hills of North Carolina and am fascinated by the growing of tobacco and the "perique" style tobacco process. I switched from ciggies to a pipe because I did not like what cigs had become. I enjoy my small collection of pipes and small collection of pipe tobbacco aging in my file cabinet. Now, I am interested in growing my own tobacco plants and have found some road kill tobacco, it is leaf that has blown off the back of the trailers and is in pretty good shape and is color curing in my workshop but I think it may be more fun to grow my own.

DGBAMA

Welcome. Both perique and Cavendish can be made diy.

Tobacco is an amazing plant to grow. A small warning though, the growing can be more addictive than the smoking.

I am sure all your questions can be answered here.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of road kill tobacco. Is this green tobacco that blows off the trucks?

Be sure to read the grower's FAQ (link at the top of every page). Also, bookmark http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum, which contains an index of key threads on the FTT forum (including Perique, Cavendish and flue-curing methods).

Also, what part of NC is known as the Sand Hills?

Bob

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
Welcome fellow pipe enthusiast, this is a great forum with some very friendly folk, I'm sure you'll like it here.

pacman

welcome from KS. growing is a blast, great to see plants getting bigger week by week.

Status
Not open for further replies.