Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

CORPS Pipe Show... the last one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Just saw a posting that the CORPS Pipe Show in Richmond, VA will be having their LAST show this October. After 30 years they are calling it quits. I went a few years ago and was not impressed but I think I'll go this year seeing as it's their last show. Pipe shows like most things related to smoking are going the way of the dinosaurs.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Anyone plan to attend? I plan to be there about 9:30 or so. If you are a pipe smoker you should probably go. A few years from now you might look back and wish you had. Pipe shows in general are becoming a thing of the past.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For me, it's about $70 for just fuel, round trip. Plus the entry fee. It's hard to justify

If the show is fading, it might be the result of their surprisingly inadequate web presentation of the show information. You have to already know about it to really tease out the essential info.

On their home page: http://corpipesmokers.org/, there is a plain, small paragraph about it, after the windy "who we are" paragraph. It contains a nearly invisible link, followed by tedious navigation and poster resizing just to get the essentials--not even the admission fee. I'm sure that the folks who are aware of the show don't even notice the obscurity of CORPS' marketing for the event.

Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I agree, their marketing leaves much to be desired. According to one of the organizers one of the main reasons for stopping the show is that it is near impossible to find a venue that still allows smoking. Then again, I've gone to a lot of gun shows in my life and never once shot a gun at one of them so maybe a smokeless pipe show will work.

I should add that it's about a 3 1/2 hr drive for me. I don't expect much out of the show other than maybe being able to look back 20-30 years from now and amaze kids with stories of actually being able to smoke in public and actually being able to buy pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.