Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

tight cherry versus loose and smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

No, you're not on the wrong forum.

I find that if I use the minimum amount of leaf in to get a looser draw, then I don't get as nice a cherry ember, although I do get a way better smoke volume. I tell you, learning to get just the right amount of bunched tobacco is the hardest part of this.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you use a mold, then it's getting the right amount of bunched tobacco. If you roll free-hand, it's in the feel at your fingertips as you roll.

Using low case filler (cracks a bit--even a lot--when rolled) and a double binder, I can crank down the packing as tightly as possible, have a full smoke volume, a good burning cherry, and a stick that is solid and heavy for its size. If you can do "entubado," then the filler is too wet to do it this way.

Bob

DIY Pete

No, you're not on the wrong forum.

I find that if I use the minimum amount of leaf in to get a looser draw, then I don't get as nice a cherry ember, although I do get a way better smoke volume. I tell you, learning to get just the right amount of bunched tobacco is the hardest part of this.

Agreed but you can smoke a "loose" cigar. A tent peg is never fun to try and make work.

Pete

BarG

Founding Member
I have to weigh in here. I wanted more than anything to grow and roll my own.At first I thought anything I could smoke was great and still is. Any cigar you roll and smokes well is a masterpiece, some more better than others, and some I call chunckers. No matter how you hang on the subject every time you go to roll, your conditions will probably be different so make the best of them always , leaf case, wrapper case , head case as the bill may fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.