Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

wrapper for filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

I used to waste tons of leafage, cutting off shaggy ends and such. I arrived now at the point where I waste basically zero filler, zero binder; but I do truly waste more wrapper than ever. I'm only using a strip cut from both outer edges at the end of the leaf, to get the smooth no veins stuff. All the middle of the leaf, all the top of the leaf, these all wind up in the waste bin.

So I tried rolling a few cigars using the accumulated wrapper waste as filler. Disaster. This leafage is so limp and thin that the same bunch in the fist sets up hard as a rock. I don't think you could smoke one of these with a blowtorch and a Dyson.

What's the trick to rolling habano wrapper as filler?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I save all my long scraps separately from my short scraps. That ends up being mostly wrapper plus binder and filler, respectively. To roll a cigar using the long scraps (wrapper and binder), I always add a leaf of Nicaraguan Habano viso to the filler of each cigar. I find the taste of wrapper and binder fairly bland, when it is the entire filler. If you've ever ordered any inexpensive cigars rolled from "long table scraps," they're mostly wrapper and binder varieties used as filler, and always taste imbalanced. So add a ligero or viso of something.

Bob

charlie G.

I wondered the same thing today I started saving the cut offs from my maduro wrappers and binders. I figure one of these days I'll try rolling something with them.

MarcL

I like to keep my finished smokes in dried scrap to help with drying them. Keeping the filler separate from the binder/wrapper, I'll use it in my filler prep containers and, use it as back-fill. I also use leaf instead of humi beads to maintain my finished smokes.

As far as rolling habano wrapper as filler, what Bob said, I'll mix it with some stuff.

As far as just wrapper, I would say 2 binders and make sure the fill lay flat or, does not knot up in chunks. ie; give it a little fluffing and, be careful not to over fill the bunch. But, I think it will make a softer cigar, by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.