Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Latest two pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
BSP NDP9

This was another experimental pipe, I was curious to see how difficult it would be to put a little more distinctiveness to a pipe, I love the work by Downie and have mild hopes of one day being able to create amazing pipes like those he produces, a far cry right now of course but it's a dream and what's life without a dream or two.

A great many things went wrong with making this pipe and because some of the problems were pretty big I decided to offer it as a freebie to anyone who could cover the postage so it is going to a friend in Laramie America.

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

BSP NDP10

This pipe was a totally new experience for me, I have had a Spiritual re-awakening very recently where I have asked God to forgive me for turning my back on him for some time, I feel like things just might start going better for me now that I am not walking this World alone any longer. Before I started working on this pipe I raised my eyes to the heavens and asked God to guide my hands, I allowed my hands to be guided entirely and simply let my hands do as they were guided to do, holding this pipe is a really amazing experience, it feels fantastic. My regret is that the block I used was one of those I had put aside as it wasn't suitable as a viable pipe due to terrible grain and excessive sandpits in the base of the block, the sandpits are not so readily seen any longer as the stain and wax are doing a strangely good job of hiding them but they are still there.

It strikes me that I should rusticate this pipe, this would remove the bulk of the sandpits and make it more visually appealing, my concern there is that my hands were not moved to rusticating this pipe, fine sanding and waxing just took place, so it is a bit of a quandary for me.

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

indianjoe

Founding Member
Brier,
those are good looking pipes! Your handiwork shows and can only get better with more pipes and time.

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
Very kind of you to say Joe, thank you very much for the wonderful compliment and I do hope that in time I shall improve.

Craig Mad Bricky

mad pipe baccy blender
From what I can see the draft hole is spot on, nice amount of wood for good temp control (combustion) It's got better visual appeal than some of these hideous japan inspired blowfish, conch, whale things. Id be proud to smoke either one! good work brother!

Briar Spirit

The Scary Bear Owner
Thank you all kindly for the warm and generous compliments, please forgive my tardiness in replying, been busy and on a bit of a low recently, lost almost al of my tobacco cellar to mould and I'm finding it a little hard to come to terms with, hard lesson learned.

Blender86

I really like the first one, a lot. Looks like it fits the hand comfortably.

Desertpipe

Kirk, you keep improving by leaps and bounds as you relax and just enjoy the process. Both are beauties and it is time to enjoy the fact that both are very salable.....you can use the proceeds to help bring in more briar, always a need for the carver.

Bruck

Beautiful pipes!
I particularly like the 2nd one. I would recommend leaving it smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.