Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How deep is your hole??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Sitting at work, working out quotations for the Sekhukhune rural development plan, I was wondering if we (South Africa) are the only country outside Africa struggling with water. I'm working out quotes for boreholes (wells) of 150M -450 feet deep.
Does anywhere else in the world have to struggle to find water that deep. Its costing the people thousands of Rand to drill and equip these deep holes.

ArizonaDave

Sitting at work, working out quotations for the Sekhukhune rural development plan, I was wondering if we (South Africa) are the only country outside Africa struggling with water. I'm working out quotes for boreholes (wells) of 150M -450 feet deep.
Does anywhere else in the world have to struggle to find water that deep. Its costing the people thousands of Rand to drill and equip these deep holes.

Yes, Arizona. They have to drill 700 to 800 feet to hit water, or or 244 meters. Of course, we're flat, but there is a lot of mountains near by. Some of the western states here go up to 1000 ft or 304.8 meters, but I can only speak for here.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
My well is 180 feet deep. I live on top of a hill. My neighbor is about 200-300 meters south of me and his well is 100 ft. A buddy of mine that lives about 5 miles away (as the crow flies) has a well of 400 ft. I also have a friend that lives near the eastern shore of the Atlantic Ocean. His well is something like 40ft. Looking for water, is probably dependent on where you live. I know that in Texas the water table has been shrinking every year. I'm in Maryland and there seems to be no problems in my area. Of course, the closer you get to the big cities they will have municipal water supplies that they pull from lakes and rivers.

Brown Thumb

My shop well is 80 ft deep. My house well is 360 ft deep. I live on a hill / Ridge.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
SantaRosa NM.
SilverMoonCafe_1538_400.jpg

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
My current well is 196'. we have several different water tables here. My water is very clear and good although a neighbor drilled to 450-500' and his has so much iron ore he had to invest a lot in filtration. My well at a previous home was 120'.

Ishi

Most Ag wells in the northern Sacramento Valley are 350+ ft. They are looking for 600 gal. per minute though. House well run 80 to 250 this will put you in the second water.
A lot of the old shallow wells are going dry this year because if the drought.

Blender86

I live in California USA, and I believe my uncle's well is 500 feet? I don't know for sure, but I think I remember hearing it recently.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Here our wells range from 35-200 feet. I had an open well which was hand dug around 35 feet and have a few deep wells now which range to 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.