Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dad's Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender86

So I'm about to cut up a test mix for my dad. I'll be using a meat cleaver to cut it. I'm using 25% Virginia Red Leaf Flue Cured, 25% Virginia Lemon Flue Cured, 35% Turkish Oriental/Izmir, and 15% Maryland 609. All from Whole Leaf Tobacco. Thought I'd post it in case anyone else might enjoy it. I'll smoke a cigarette of it in a while and let you guys know how it is. I've yet to smoke any of the whole leaf I ordered, as the first blend I did is a pipe plug still in the press for 11 more days. When I get my dad's blend just right, I'm calling it Isiah 40:31, my dad's favorite bible verse. He smokes big tobacco, and I want him to smoke something we're both happy with. Time to get cutting!

DGBAMA

Sounds good, share your results. Maybe too much Turkish depending on your taste, at 35% it might overwhelm the flavor of all the others.

Blender86

Oh man do I have a head spin lol. I accidentally used 15% Turkish, and 35% Maryland! However, this combination TASTES good, but I must have used too much Maryland, because from my pipe smoking experience, Virginias never seemed to pack a punch this strong. So, I think I agree with you on 35% being too much Turkish for taste because 15% seems maybe 1, 2 percent at most, a tad too strong in flavor. Still a great flavor by all means! I purchased the Maryland in place of Burley which was out of stock until recently, and I know Burley has a high nicotine content, so I'm assuming the Maryland is the culprit for the dizziness! Other than that, my dad is happy with the blend. I guess there was a tad bit leftover in the cigarette machine, and he mixed it with some of his big tobacco smoke.

Notes: lower the Turkish by 1 or 2 percent; lower the Maryland by 7.5 percent, and fill in the gaps with Lemon Flue Cured Virginia.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
You might want to consider raising your Brightleaf %. As it stands now it is only 50%. That's the problem with making your own blends though... the combinations are limitless!

DGBAMA

The Maryland is deceptively smooth. Knocked me for a loop first time I blended with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.