1 small gooey drop of tangerine extract
    6 drops of vanilla extract
    1/8 tsp glycerin
    1/4 tsp honey
    1/4 tsp corn syrup
    1/4 tsp maple syrup
    Added a little cocoa powder
    and a few pinches of brown sugar

This is my fifth recipe and seems to be a bit more rounded and hitting the target.

Warmed it up a little...not to a boil..just so the mixture started bubbling.

Then added 2 tsp of water.

What i found from earlier batches...stay low on glycerin...glycerin leaves a bit of an unpleasant aftertaste if you use too much.
    which is probably the resulting aftertaste from commercial smokes...

Given i mix a weeks worth at a time..i. thinking you can leave glycerin out ...given fro what im reading it is used to retain moisture which you dont need if you case a weeks supply...the other stuff will naturally keep the blend moist for a weeks duration from my experience.

My next casing mix i will probably reduce glycerin to a eyedrop or 2.

If you overload casing and there is too much taste...ive had success with leaving it alone for a few weeks and then using ...letting the casing sit on a blend seems to reduce the taste from either shelf life deteriotation of the ingeedients or absorption from longer periods.

Re: diy casing recipe

Nice work. Apparently you've been studying.
    Last edited by FmGrowit; 09-14-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FmGrowit View Post
    Nice work. Apparently, you've been studying.
    Or he ran the DNA on your casing.

Thanks ...i forgot the add invert sugar to this batch which i will be adding a 1/8 tsp to the current brew.

i initially mixed larger batches then realized this was trial and error process and there were going to be more errors on the way..so i reduced the volumes so i can toss the errors while minimizing dollar loss.

whereas the other stuff is not extremely expensive...licorice extract is very expensive so i needed to reduce how many dollars were getting thrown down the sink.

i switched to chocolate syrup after noticing the separation qualities of cocoa powder.

even with heating the mixture, after sitting the cocoa powder will separate

And thank you don...the shredder shipped as quick as you said it would and i received it that thursday....great service....thanks again.

anybody on the fence about the powermatic s..i would highly recommend it..i initally bought a pasta shredder n then realized it would be An additional expense bc i would end up buying the shredder..so i returned it and bought the shredder from wlt.

i find that buying the right tool for the job saves a lot of money and time over the horizon.

Update....

after casing 1 hour/1 day various ingredients will pop...

letting it sit for a week does even out the casing....

if it taste sharp initially make enough or set aside a few batches that wont be touched for 5-7 days...the ingredients will even out...same blend same casing tastes much different starting about 3/4/5 days later

...spray lightly...trying to cover the whole blend will overpower the casing...

the dry areas will absorb moisture from the wetter shred..over a 3/5/7 day period the blend will even out in moisture...

if the blend is too damp after 3/5 days...good benchmark that too much casing was sprayed and reduce sprays until you reach the right moisture level where it is optimal smoke...