Not open for further replies.

Chris A

A couple weeks ago I rolled four cigars with the same filler/binder:

Corojo 99 Seco
Cubano Piloto Seco
98 Seco
Nic Habano Seco & Viso
Dominican Double Binder

Yesterday I smoked the one that I wrapped in Ecuador Shade. This was a major league cigar. Smooth, mild to medium body with great aroma, taste & great burn. Easily the equal of cigars I've paid a lot for in days gone by.

Will report on the others as I smoke them. I have Maduro, Criollo & CT Shade to go.

Chris

ArizonaDave

A couple weeks ago I rolled four cigars with the same filler/binder:

Corojo 99 Seco
Cubano Piloto Seco
98 Seco
Nic Habano Seco & Viso
Dominican Double Binder

Yesterday I smoked the one that I wrapped in Ecuador Shade. This was a major league cigar. Smooth, mild to medium body with great aroma, taste & great burn. Easily the equal of cigars I've paid a lot for in days gone by.

Will report on the others as I smoke them. I have Maduro, Criollo & CT Shade to go.

Chris

Sounds like you're having fun already! It might help if you make some mini's of each leaf to try to see what your taste buds prefer. If you found a favorite blend on your 1st try, you're way ahead of the learning curve! This is a fun hobby!

Chris A

It is fun! I have so much good tobacco now from Don & others who have shared samples. No complaints having to try out so many blending options! I like this blend (a lot) so I'm interested in seeing how much or how little the wrappers change the flavor profile, strength, etc.

charlie G.

Chris nothing better then to sit and enjoy a great cigar you have rolled yourself.
I keep thinking the same as you, This cigar is as good as I've paid $8 to $10 for in the past.
I'm glad your enjoying this new hobby.

Chris A

Yesterday I smoked X2- Put a 12lb brisket on the Weber Kettle for 8 hours, and smoked the above blend this time with Criollo wrapper. Another winner. I think it was very slightly more bold that the shade wrapper, but not overly so. I really like Criollo wrapper with Dominican tobacco; this blend was great with it also. Only negative was I rolled this one a little too tightly, perhaps the filler or binder was too moist when rolled.

This blend is highly recommended if you like rich flavor w/o too much of a kick.

Smokin Harley

Chris , we almost took a motorcycle ride out your way to the small zoo, but the battery was dead -took 6 hours to recharge :(. That smoking day you had sounded enjoyable.

Cigar

Hey my friends I could have got my old '75 honda CB out and joined you guys..been years since took "out-of-blue" joy ride really miss those days!!

Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.