Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

This years Grow,All purpose tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrohippie82

Hey Guys its been a while since my last post, my tobacco crop didn't do as well as i hoped, never doing containers again, lesson learned.

The plants that where in the ground did fantastic Havana was over 7ft, lil dutch was around or above 3ft Pics coming soon.... I learned a lot this year.

Some of my plants where hit hard by horn worms but BT helped out a great deal, is there a safer alternative? I had the best success growing Havana 142 and Little Dutch out of Connecticut Broadleaf and Florida Sumatra. I had no idea that Little Dutch would smell so good after curing...man i mean this stuff smells like sweet chocolate. Even my Wife likes the smell of it and she not a smoker.

Is there another variety of tobacco that will have the same character or better as the Little Dutch.. I want something that i can use to make cigars and use in my cob pipe. I would like something that smokes smooth with a great chocolate type flavor. The Havana is Great but its something about the little dutch as a filler and pipe tobacco that really hits home.

There has to be something better.... or maybe i just got lucky buy using rabbit manure who knows.....

Last edited by a moderator:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I also find Little Dutch to be a wonderful filler. PA Red is in the same ballpark. It initially resembles Little Dutch, but then it undergoes a late growth spurt to reach 4 or 5 feet. PA Red cures to a similarly deep color.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.