Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I am having trouble adding attachments, is there something i'm missing as I have quite a few already.Is there a limit. I can't seem to get into the upload attachment for loading pics.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In your profile settings, make sure (near the bottom of General Settings) that the WYSIWYG editor is enabled. This setting did not carry over when the server was moved.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Thats probably what happened bob, I tried what you recommended however when I click on attachments It shows a list of posted att. with no way to add new ones. I could get into the uploader through quick reply but I used to have access to uploader without posting.{I thought I did anyway} I could probably still acess by sending a pm to myself without posting so pic would be on file for when I was ready to share.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
At the top of the page, click on "community". A drop-down window should reveal "albums". You should be able to load pictures from there. What format are your pictures in (jpeg, png, etc.), I'll check the size allowed for that format.

This is the admin explanation of Attachments. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get your pictures posted.

Attachments:
vBulletin supports file uploads to posts, called post attachments. Post attachments are useful in attaching any kind of file that relates to a post including images, text files, pdfs, zips, and any other file type you allow to be attached to posts.

vBulletin provides you with two options for storing post attachments: 1) you can store them in the database or 2) you can store them in the file system on your web server. Both methods have advantages and disadvantages. The database is more efficient with storage space and is easier to backup than individual files. However, storing attachments in the database is also an extra burden on the database when users download attachments. Other considerations include how you want to restrict access to attachments, whether you want to use vBulletin's permission system or directory permissions like htaccess.

vBulletin's attachment system allows you to specify maximum file-sizes for each type of file you allow to be attached. Some file types tend to belong to larger files (videos and images versus text for example) and this ability allows you to take that into consideration.

On the topic of maximum file-sizes, vBulletin allows you to limit the total size of all of a user's attachments at the group level (see the Usergroup Manager). This is useful in preventing any one user from taking up too much storage with their attachments.

Another nice feature of vBulletin's attachment system is its support for thumbnails. When a user posts an image attachment you can configure vBulletin to generate a miniature version of the image (called a thumbnail) that is linked to the larger version of the image. This is useful in preventing large inline image attachments from stretching your forum layout. You can configure thumbnails and many other attachment options in your vBulletin options. If you are using the ImageMagick library, then you may be able to create thumbnails from additional image types: BMP, TIF, PSD, and PDF. You should have the latest versions of ImageMagick and Ghostscript installed for creating thumbnails from PDF files. Thumbnailing large PDF files may still cause problems so use this option with caution.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Lol... Sounds like your in my boat,,,, i barely know how to work a computer,,,,

allthough apparantlly i have the top of the line as far as computers go,,,, i got it for my young 15---17 yr old daughters,

but daddy likes to play on it also<

Status
Not open for further replies.