Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Requesting assistance with a blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

I read on this forum that Nicaraguan Seco and Ligero in a 2 to 1 ratio wrapped with Ecuador Maduro binder and wrapper is a near clone to a Padron. I haven't tried this to confirm or not.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Padron is a Mexican wrapper San Andres
Most Padron wrappers are listed simply as "Nicaragua". They sure don't taste like the partly fire-cured wrappers of San Andres.

The Padron website lists no information about the tobacco. www.jrcigars.com specifies "Nicaragua" for the wrappers. Of course, what they actually use is anybody's guess.

Bob

Raodwarior

Not all San Andres if fire cured, and it is one of the most used wrappers in Nicaragua. A little boutique brand called Lou Rodriguez use to get some of the nicest San Andres wrapper I have seen

charlie G.

I just received some of the San Andres from WLT and am going to roll some cigars tonight using my 2 blends with it to see how the taste is.
It is some of the thinnest leaf I have ever used so far. It seems it will make a fine looking wrapper. I got 3 wrappers out of 4 leaves, the rest will make good binders.
Does anyone have any reviews on this tobacco ?

Also I went to the humidor and took out 1 of my first cigars from 3 months ago I rolled. I smoked it yesterday along with a Sancho Panza double maduro to compare. I was completely happy how close if not tastier my own rolled cigar was to the Sancho Panza. I love this new found hobby.

LewZephyr

Also I went to the humidor and took out 1 of my first cigars from 3 months ago I rolled. I smoked it yesterday along with a Sancho Panza double maduro to compare. I was completely happy how close if not tastier my own rolled cigar was to the Sancho Panza. I love this new found hobby.

I am curious what your blend was. Mind sharing?

Thanks

charlie G.

I don't mind sharing at all, that's what we're all here for.
It is a maduro blend made from one of WLT Azucarodo Oscuro cigar blend kit.
Dominican binder
2-Nic seco
1-Flojo Viso ( give or take the leaves are really varied in their sizes )
1-Dom Ligero
Equador Oscuro wrapper

I know the blend kit has changed a little from when I ordered mine tho. Plus I have changed the binder to the PA Oscuro on some also.
It's all up to our own tastes that we tweak these blends.
I have played with that blend and used it to make a few different other blend cigars.
I am now trying how the San Andres wrapper works with it.

LewZephyr

I don't mind sharing at all, that's what we're all here for.
It is a maduro blend made from one of WLT Azucarodo Oscuro cigar blend kit.
Dominican binder
2-Nic seco
1-Flojo Viso ( give or take the leaves are really varied in their sizes )
1-Dom Ligero
Equador Oscuro wrapper

I know the blend kit has changed a little from when I ordered mine tho. Plus I have changed the binder to the PA Oscuro on some also.
It's all up to our own tastes that we tweak these blends.
I have played with that blend and used it to make a few different other blend cigars.
I am now trying how the San Andres wrapper works with it.

That looks good. I'm not ready to make the purchase for the San Andreas yet. Little out of the budget range with buying filler etc. It does look good though.

dondford

freeotatv said:
If you have a drill /3/4 spade bit and 2x6...you can build one in under an hr and only have to buy 3.5" bolts/fender washers and wing nuts.

The version i made allows you to clamp down the mold with the wing nuts...so you dont need to place a weight on it.

More details, pics please.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Freeotatv

Hi don....

Think your quote pasted here was one i wrote.

Give me a few to write up details...

I havent used the pic feature yet...so ill give it a try today when i catch a few mins later today

Freeotatv

hopefully these pics came through.

the 2 x 6 will give you a 6 inch length..

wouldn't recommend using bosch daredevil spade bits.. they bend and not as high quality as Irwin.
the bosch daredevil long spade bits.. bent and drifted when drilling 10" length of this mold..

mold still works but could be prettier.

would use fender washers on both sides of the mold to prevent denting the wood, when you tighten the mold with the wing nuts.

would first mark/ measure your preferred cigar gauge and then select the spade bit size.

then mark the spade bit size/ hole into the wood to ensure you properly space each spade bit hole from each other..

then mark your wood and make the initial length cuts.

then drill the bolt holes and get them cleaned up ..

insert fender washers, bolts and wing nuts and tighten.

recheck your spade bit hole marks..

then drill the holes..

its pretty simple and only takes about 30-45 minutes once you have all the supplies and ready to mark/ cut..

the results of the stick that came out of the mold was immaculate.. perfectly round/ cylinder.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 37

Freeotatv

2nd pic of the 2nd measurement

wing nuts are attached on the underside of the mold

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 36
Status