Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Name this critter

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen ringtail "cats" within the Grand Canyon. They're in the raccoon family. If there are ringtails in Texas, then you just snapped its picture.

220px-Squaw-ringtail-28073.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring-tailed_cat

Bob

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
By the size of the leafs on the tree, and stems of the grass around the pigmy deer shack, I'm going to say it's a juvinile racoon? How big are the deer there anyway.

ArizonaDave

A possibility, Better than baby black panther. We have been having sightings for years of cats with long bodys and long tails and unusual markings such as colors.

Black panthers have been around a long time in both the SE and the SW. Arizona has more that is reported in mountain country, but not all are black, they're from the Leopard family I believe.

BarG

Founding Member
My neighbor has some pictures of Big cat paw prints that are fairly large he found on his land. I can't remember if he caught the cat on a trail cam. and he has moved. It seems they have a very large range and may only cruise thru once or twice a year unless something like a mate keeps them around.

Thats a couple of nice links Dave, They brought black panthers over to Texas back in the early 80's from Florida and I have met several people who have sighted them over the years.

We also see the African Genet pretty regular about 80 miles from here in Giddings where I do a lot of work. They Killed 2 $400.00 black swans and used to run right thru my job site and stake out the pond where the swans were.

Status
Not open for further replies.