Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pleased to meet you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Gurkhas are a nice, high end stick. It will be a very cheap stick when You get the blends and rolling down. I smoke an 8-10 dollar stick every blue moon- They never meet the sticks that are rolled here. Enjoy Your stay with Us, Sir. Mad-

Freeotatv

Dons got real good service/shipping service......normally i believe a tracker email gets sent within a day...may wana send him an email or call monday morning to get status...could also be usps having a slow transit lane into the mountains....co is like ca...always takes longer via "ground" service than most other us states...not sure if you selected ups or usps shipping.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
USPS is very slow this Mo. Give it a couple of more days, just to check. I sent Bonners roller to Him and it was a week late. Mad- ( Yes, We were woried) If it gets there late, Don won't have a double shipment going out for the postal service's tardyness. Mad- Use the tracking #

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Here is the start of the confirmation email.

No further communication since then.

You can expect delivery tomorrow. Your order was delayed a few days because I was out of one of the tobaccos in the wrapper sampler. Your shipping has been upgraded from UPS Ground to USPS Priority.

It's always best to contact me directly rather through a forum post (I don't read every post). Send me a PM, use the "contact us" feature on the website or send me an email.

skow69

YEP! Got em! Looks good. Smells great. Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Thanks, Don. Hold my calls, I got some rollin' to do!

skow69

Hi again,

Just wanted to tell you how tickled I am. I'm smoking the first stick rolled with WLT leaf. It's 2-Piloto Cubano and 2-Criolo in a Honduran binder and Ecuadorian Shade wrapper. It's about 6 1/2 x 48 and freaking delicious. This is gonna be fun!

WP_20140925_05_38_16_Pro.jpg

skow69

Been practicing. To be fair, that is definitely one of my best. The split-PVC-pipe press works wonders. Held together with rubber bands.

skow69

I can't take credit for the idea. I saw somebody use one on a video. I just took a piece of 1" pvc and sliced it lengthwise with a cutoff wheel on a dremel, then cut the halves to about 8" lengths. Because of the inconsistency of my slicing, I ended up with tubes between .66" and .92" diameter, which works out about right.

skow69

It only takes a few minutes. If you have a dremel. You need that really thin blade.

Freeotatv

You can also build a mold really easy.

2x6 pine...cut it to 6-8 incbes...whatever your preference.

Cut 2 pieces to that same length.

Those r your mold pieces.

Use 3.5" or 4" bolts with fender washers on the bolt head side and use wing nuts..use fenders on the wing nut side.

Using the washers will help even the torque pressure when you tighten the mold for press mold.

Otherwise..you may tigbten the nut and bolt head into the soft pine.

Use four bolts/washers and wing nuts at the four corners for compression.

The stand the 2 boards vertical...mark your holes and use a 3/4 spade bit to drill through....

You want a wood piece at the bottom for when the bit bottoms out ad then you can complete the last bit of the pierce at the bottom

Open ber up and use sand paper to sanx down your impressions

When starting the spade bit...try to center the hold 50/50 etween the 2 boards...

Your blade may drift like mine did...for some reason ho.e depot stopped stocking irwin blade/bits and are now pushing bosch i stead

The bosch bit bent and drifted on me after the first hole.

I compared the bosch spade bit to my irwin and it is apparent the bosch is about a 30% smaller gauge....staying with irwin

Anyway....after you sand...drop in your binder wrapped torpodoes and use the wing nuts to torque press.

No weights required.

Freeotatv

It takes less than an hour and minimal material costs....for some...you probably have all materials and tools in your garage

Im not great with wood so someone more experienced can get it done in half hr or so.

Freeotatv

Another member here on the forum uses adjustable water gas clamps to tighten his pvc cigar molds...an option to rubber banding the mold

dvick003

You can also build a mold really easy.

2x6 pine...cut it to 6-8 incbes...whatever your preference.

Cut 2 pieces to that same length.

Those r your mold pieces.

Use 3.5" or 4" bolts with fender washers on the bolt head side and use wing nuts..use fenders on the wing nut side.

Using the washers will help even the torque pressure when you tighten the mold for press mold.

Otherwise..you may tigbten the nut and bolt head into the soft pine.

Use four bolts/washers and wing nuts at the four corners for compression.

The stand the 2 boards vertical...mark your holes and use a 3/4 spade bit to drill through....

You want a wood piece at the bottom for when the bit bottoms out ad then you can complete the last bit of the pierce at the bottom

Open ber up and use sand paper to sanx down your impressions

When starting the spade bit...try to center the hold 50/50 etween the 2 boards...

Your blade may drift like mine did...for some reason ho.e depot stopped stocking irwin blade/bits and are now pushing bosch i stead

The bosch bit bent and drifted on me after the first hole.

I compared the bosch spade bit to my irwin and it is apparent the bosch is about a 30% smaller gauge....staying with irwin

Anyway....after you sand...drop in your binder wrapped torpodoes and use the wing nuts to torque press.

No weights required.

Freeotatv,

Thanks for the instructions. I think I am gonna give it a try...

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think the interior of my commercial molds are made from poplar. I would worry about a pine taste/flavor or pine sap if using pine. Poplar is a fairly soft wood and easy to work, although classified as a hardwood. If you do opt for pine, make sure it not pressure treated with chemicals. A food grade bar top oil or cutting board oil may help with the problems of pine, although the wood will cease to absorb moisture from the cigar. The wood on the interior of my commercial molds are raw.

EDIT: According to this interesting article, the molds are made from maple, not poplar: http://cigarhistory.info/Cigarmaking/Cigarmaking_tools_II.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.