Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I think Iv`e got it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

I`m trying to replicate my two favorite commercial cigars- Romeo Y Julieta (short Robusto) and La Aurora Principes. Both spicy tasting cigars.

Rolled a few cigars the other evening

30%- Vuelta abajo- Ligero
30%- Con B Leaf- Viso
30%- Pen B Leaf- seco
Long Red- Binder
Little Dutch- Wrapper
weighed the tobacco to make a 8 gram corona. Tobacco resting since March after 5 weeks fermentation in airtight bags, lower case.

They were very nice, close, but no cigar. Sweet with a leathery woody taste.
I wrapped a few in Conn Broadleaf wrapper, Black st Mammoth and Comstock Spanish.

Smoked a Com Spanish wrapper last night, man that's close, don`t think I`ll get closer. Nice creamy, leathery, woody and slight spicy taste. I am so chuffed with myself, will definitely roll a lot of that blend.
Sorry I carry on a bit, but for me that is one hell of a nice cigar I produced, better than most of the commercial cigars Iv`e smoked.
Ben

webmost

Well that's weird. I just now posted a smart aleck reply and it disappeared. Maybe this board has a dumbass filter turned on now.

Anyway, what I was trying to say is, that blend looks mighty flavoricious. I am on a much more tame flavor path myself. Next action movie that I make, there's a scene where I save Charlize Theron from a great white off the Cape by wrassling the monster with my bare hands. Long as I'm on your continent we ought to herf up so I can try your master blend. I'll have my people call your people.

How's the new job going Ben?

Oh, and post a pic of your cigar.

moscca

Happy for you BB, It is such a nice feeling that your own rolled ar at least as good, or better then commercial cigars.

Jan.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Your blending ingredients are nearly all on my "most favorite" list. Dark, leathery, smooth as satin. The closest I've come to the Havana Romeo y Julieta utilized a Vuelta Abajo wrapper.

Bob

Ben Brand

Smoked the Black stalk Mam yesterday, and still prefer the Comstock. Tried to put a picture on, but my computer for some strange reason wont compress the picture, will try later.

Ben Brand

Yes I do use a mold. Struggled in the beginning, but since weighing my tobacco before rolling, I smoke all my 99,9% of my cigars without a draw problem.

Ben Brand

Got myself a little electronic scale. Then basically take the blend (leaves) I want to use in the proportions I want , put them on the scale till they make 8 grams ( add or take away a few grams) and roll away.

charlie G.

That must be a great feeling. Matching the flavor taste you loved in a cigar and growing your own tobacco to boot.

ArizonaDave

Got myself a little electronic scale. Then basically take the blend (leaves) I want to use in the proportions I want , put them on the scale till they make 8 grams ( add or take away a few grams) and roll away.

Great job. What size is the mold you use?

That must be a great feeling. Matching the flavor taste you loved in a cigar and growing your own tobacco to boot.

I'm curious Ben, what size IS the mold you used??? (Great question Gdaddy)

I'd also have to agree with both of these guys. It really makes me want to beef up my spring grow out here, after seeing all the tasty tobaccos you put in that!

Status
Not open for further replies.