Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tech 1 shredding pipe bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

I just received mine today. I do not think it has ever shredded a leaf.
I folded up a piece of paper and gave her a try. The paper shred is bigger than a cig. Shred.
I was wondering if anyone tried a small say 1/4 inch thick long brick for a pipe shred ? Had a busy day and forgot it at work.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
That's how I shred. I believe the Tech 1 is intended to shred a brick but not a compressed brick that is harder than a rock. I take a few leaves, fold them over several times and shred.

Brown Thumb

Do you use it for a pipe shred. Just tried it with some leaf and it is a nice shred but a little small. I ran some FC Del gold thu her stems and all it was sitting on the table, small leaf worked like a charm. Stuffed some in the pipe not bad but missing something. I grabbed some of my brown sugar , almond, vanilla, perique cavendish and mixed with the Dell Gold. I Lost a lung in the trash can I think too much sugar.Anyone ever tried to shim the cutter out from the table for a bigger cut, Looks easy to do but will she cut?My new Babe, less than 50 Bucks shipped. Thank you, MarcL.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 68

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If the blades are moved away from the table edge, it won't cut. If you can find a way to slightly increase the radius of the ?wooden feed wheel, then it would feed a bit more length to the cutters with each blade pass.

That really is a beautiful specimen of a Tech 1. I would hate to mess it up.

Bob

Brown Thumb

I won't mess it up Bob, that is why I asked. Like usual you are correct. There is room for more leaf to go into the cutters but to change the gearing would be tough tho. I will enjoy her as she was built. I am amazed Jacob still has his fingers. He can't keep is hands off Her.
Thank You.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if varying the hand pressure on the pressure wheel (above the feeder) might influence how much it feeds (by a tiny amount).

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Look around for some neoprene type pipe wrap or even motorcycle handle bar grip covers to change the diameter of the wooden feed wheel. Should slip right over it and have a good grip. A larger feed wheel will feed a little more at a time.

DGBAMA

Could try it with one blade removed. Would result in a mix of the current shred and a double width ribbon shred.

Brown Thumb

Could try it with one blade removed. Would result in a mix of the current shred and a double width ribbon shred.
unfortunatly it kinda like Jambs on the revolutions. It was worth a try.

Look around for some neoprene type pipe wrap or even motorcycle handle bar grip covers to change the diameter of the wooden feed wheel. Should slip right over it and have a good grip. A larger feed wheel will feed a little more at a time.
There is no extra room between the bed and the feedwheel. If there was it would add some speed.
Good to see you around again.

I wonder if varying the hand pressure on the pressure wheel (above the feeder) might influence how much it feeds (by a tiny amount).

Bob
It works about the same with pressure on the top roller.
Heck you all tried, I guess it is like trying to Change a women. Ain't gonna Happen.

Brown Thumb

Well I'll be dammed, DGBAMA was on the right trail.I pull off two blades and it works great for a larger shred. Mabey a little too big of shred but not bad.Honestly I know chit about pipe shred. But this is not bad.Hopefully JBD can chime in and give it a try with his and give some input.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 48

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like a good pipe shred. It's hard to really tell without a size reference, but compared to the cigarette shred, it looks about right.

Bob

DGBAMA

That looks like a nice ribbon cut.

There are only 2 real options to change shred width, number of blades (cuts per revolution) or gear ratio for the feed.

Brown Thumb

I finally got a chance to measure it, two mm. Wide on the biggest cuts a hair over that on a few.
pretty good to me, but I know nothing about pipe Baccy except I shove it in there bowl and smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.