Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

damn thats expensive to killl some aphids, the way the pros kill them/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

I understand...I was a licensed pesticide applicator operator back in the day when I was an assistant golf course superintendent. I forgot a ton since then.
I'm at a point in my grow right now that I'm so close to a harvest that I'm afraid to put anything on it for fear it (residue) will not be gone in time.
Right now though my pest infestation situation is on the back burner.
Last night we had another bout of storms with high winds come through , blew a corner of my shade structure down. Not completely,from the window it looks as if its got a good lean to it .finishing my morning coffee before I go out to inspect and assess damage. Hopefully its not serious.

Smokin Harley

The pint of Macho2 that I ordered just yesterday at like noon, just got to my front door at 10am .The company is in PA...They must have put it on the first west bound vehicle and handed it off from there. wish everything got to its destination that quick. So ,now I guess this product isn't what i should use this close to harvest. I'm thinking in a week I will be priming. The time table of spray to harvest with it is 2 weeks...I guess I'll shelf it until next grow then do the transplant soak . Been a rough couple weeks for my patch.

tampadave

The main advantage to using Admire in your transplant water, rather than as a foliar, is that stuff is deadly to honey bees and other beneficial insects. As a systemic it only kills what munches on the plant.

Exactly! This is a "set it and forget it" application, done while all the baby plants are in arm's reach. Safe, easy, cheap, and it even works too! Safely.

DGBAMA

The pint of Macho2 that I ordered just yesterday at like noon, just got to my front door at 10am .The company is in PA...They must have put it on the first west bound vehicle and handed it off from there. wish everything got to its destination that quick. So ,now I guess this product isn't what i should use this close to harvest. I'm thinking in a week I will be priming. The time table of spray to harvest with it is 2 weeks...I guess I'll shelf it until next grow then do the transplant soak . Been a rough couple weeks for my patch.

Bug problems this close to harvest, maybe look at something suited for vegetables. Most are a week before harvest, permetherin based.

cigarchris

I used it at transplant around third week of May and I'm just in the last two weeks getting a few aphids on a couple plants. I dusted them last week with diatomaceous earth and the next morning they were toast. Yesterday I noticed a few more on the same plants in a different location. Won't need any foliar chemicals at this rate. Imidacloprid for the win!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
All my big b plants were aphid free. But I had started some gc1 late in the season and they are just now beginning to get huge. Have you guys seen these things grow? They look like huge cabbages. Anyway, I noticed the only aphids of the season on them, looks like I'll be researching this admire stuff for next year.

This year is too late for it, the gc1 is just starting to flower, so as it coincides with fertilizer time I put the mg in a pump sprayer and got it to real good pressure and used the wand to blast them off as I fertilized.

Next year systemic poison is going to be on the menu though. Luckily I never have the japs munching tobacco though, they always pick a nearby weed for some reason.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I used it at transplant around third week of May and I'm just in the last two weeks getting a few aphids on a couple plants. I dusted them last week with diatomaceous earth and the next morning they were toast. Yesterday I noticed a few more on the same plants in a different location. Won't need any foliar chemicals at this rate. Imidacloprid for the win!

Like I have said it leaves out at the end of growing season .

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I can't complain, I got a jungle and no aphids.

damn man...you got to do what i did this year and get them rows and weeds under control.....i used conveyor belt in between the rows. and weed barrier mat for the rows. ans my generic aphid control worked good, '' NO APHIDS''

cigarchris

My harvest is mostly done, but in the last two weeks, the aphids have surged on a few of my PA Broadleaf and Sumatras. It's rather apparent at this point that the Imidacloprid does "run out" at a certain point. I think I'll up my dose to two tbsp. per gallon of water for next year.

Cigar

hello cigarchris may ask what you used early in growing to control the aphids?? I use to have them so bad it was one of many reasons I quit growing tobacco for 2 years.I tried everything mentioned here and online but nothing seemed to help until JB think was turned me onto aceaphate since then no matter what grow here NO aphids at all.

Cigar

cigarchris

I just used a generic Imidacloprid solution I got from Amazon, 1 tbsp. per gallon water, the last two waterings of seedlings before planting outside. I never noticed more than a couple on the underside of any leaf because it kills them before they can reproduce, which is like every few hours. Since they've reappeared, I've been dusting them with diatomaceous earth and a dust bulb.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
My harvest is mostly done, but in the last two weeks, the aphids have surged on a few of my PA Broadleaf and Sumatras. It's rather apparent at this point that the Imidacloprid does "run out" at a certain point. I think I'll up my dose to two tbsp. per gallon of water for next year.

i use a ounce per gallon,

Status
Not open for further replies.