Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Bursa as a Walking Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
This Bursa plant, that I just stipped- Is so perfectly staight. I think, I will dry it and try My hand at a walking stick? Any input guys. Never thought of it till I looked at the perfection of the stalk? Mad-

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Re: Bursa.

I suppose if you get them thick enough you could get the strength out of them for a walking stick. I have to admit that the white mammoth slalk I had last year was impressivly thick and strong. even this years stalks have been strong enough to hold onto to hoist myself up. you'd probably want to varnish it or something to prevent moisture getting at it. the inside will rot faster then the outside, i know this because all the stalks that rot in the compost are hollow tubes by spring time. so you'll want to keep it nice and dry.

DGBAMA

I was thinking of drying my big stalks from this year to use for hanging sticks to string my leaf on next year.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I think, both are great ideas, Hum? I don't care what My kids say about Me. LOL Never dried it, Just cut it and threw it away. Stalk for curing? Good idea, no walking there. Mad-

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Me thinks you be wasting your time. As chillardbee said they will rot out from the inside and become hollow. The stalk itself will be about the density of balsa wood. Now, a gigantic straw on the other hand...

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I was going to let it stalk dry a bit, then run a rod down the center. Sand the outside and stain it. Then take a can of GREAT STUFF, and fill the center. and coat the outside with clear coat Epoxy. Add a leather lace wrapped handle and a rubber tip. All on hand things. Mad-

Planter

I have some Havana sticks from last year, dry they resemble bamboo. With a diameter of 1.1 inches wall thickness is 0.16 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.