Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

member's blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raodwarior

Sounds yummy and its a great size. Just about all the companies that I do blend tasting with/for use corona gordas as the size. Seems to me at least that it gives the best of both the wrapper flavor and the blend of the bunch.

HIM

Has anyone tried combining the criollo 98 with a touch of corojo? Did you use the seco or the viso? How'd it work out for you?

just tried 2 this past weekend and enjoyed them. One in cameroon and the other in broadleaf. I think the first blend was better than the second.

1 criollo 98 ligero
1 corojo 99 viso
1 piloto cubano seco
dominican binder
cameroon wrapper

1 criollo 98 ligero
2 corojo 99 viso
1 piloto cubano seco
dominican binder
broadleaf wrapper

webmost

Sparked up Cigar's pluperfect corona last night. My gawd, what perfect rolling. Burnt slow and with a razor's edge. Grand job.

Unfortunately, not to my taste at all. Tasted like a good quality Chesterfield used to taste, back in the day. I'm just not into that cigarette flavor.

So I went back to the box where I keep home rolled that FTT members have sent me, and I extracted another one of Cigar's gems. One from this batch:

cigar20141020.jpg

Couple months age on it, apparently, cause the thread where I posted I'd received this was dated early October. The hand made band says:

Sumatra
-----------
2-Nic Viso
2 Corojo 99 Seco
2 Dom ligero

Now, that right there is my kinda blend. Smooth as stone-washed silk (a couple months age, I tell you, always makes a diff). Sweet. Flavorful. Not a bite in a carload. Construction nowhere near as good as the pluperfect corona; but flavor ten times better. And it's good to know we all make progress at our rolling. I dunno what the wrapper was; but it felt real velvetty and tasted sweet. Burnt slow enough to take me through the entire last half of Thursday Night Football and one DVD'd sitcom; so, two hours at least, from a cigar no more than five inches long. Excellent. I'm thinking it's the first one on the left in this old photo.

Over the weekend, I gotta dive into the box of home-rolled some more.

I don't care what the cigar snobs say; I believe you can roll every bit as good as an eight dollar cigar using WLT baccer, and we have examples to prove it. And the thing is, you can tune your blend just the way you want it. I'm gonna write down this Nic Viso, Corojo Seco, Dom Ligero blend, see if I can't score some of that leaf, and wrap it in my fave habano. Think I may have some Co Seco; the other two might be worth ordering, if only I had any room. I need to start a wish list so I can write these things down.

Cigar rolls an excellent cigar.

Cigar

Thank you Webmost for the nice report ..and this just proves my point even more..the longer a cigar is rested/aged the better it gets..but you have to start with good tobacco to begin with and WLT sells some of the best there is out there. The hardest/fun part is mixing different tobacco to find the one you love..btw the wrapper was Hab2000 [I think lol] have rolled so many now.

Cigar

ArizonaDave

Thank you Webmost for the nice report ..and this just proves my point even more..the longer a cigar is rested/aged the better it gets..but you have to start with good tobacco to begin with and WLT sells some of the best there is out there. The hardest/fun part is mixing different tobacco to find the one you love..btw the wrapper was Hab2000 [I think lol] have rolled so many now.

Cigar

Hab2000 is my favorite all time wrapper. It smooths out a blend, nutty, creamy, and a light wood taste. I use every bit of it.

Cigar, you're definitely doing very very well on your rolling. Maybe next year Santa will get you a mold.......

Cigar

Thanks ArizonaDave on rolling..and yes cigar mold is next on my list..but first I need some more of that great Hab2000 wrapper!!

Cigar

ArizonaDave

Thanks ArizonaDave on rolling..and yes cigar mold is next on my list..but first I need some more of that great Hab2000 wrapper!!

Cigar

I need to get more of it too. I'm just not allowed to buy anything yet, with Christmas and all. I wish WLT's special ran through the 1st of next month.

HIM

So Ive been rolling a lot of petite coronas lately( 4 boxes and counting :D) and wanted to share the blend because 1) the blend just tastes really damn good and 2) theres practically zero scrap rolling these so its very efficient. The whole cigar is less than 2.5 leaves and you can wrap 4-6 of these out of one full wrapper leaf. The blend is peppery and creamy with notes of sweet spice and cocoa. They remind me a lot of the Tatuaje Verocu 5.

2 tubes Piloto Cubano seco(1 leaf split in 2)
1 tube corojo 99 viso(1/2 leaf)
Dominican binder(1/2 leaf does fine no need for a double binder)
Broadleaf wrapper

HIM

Sounds nice. I have some of the Corojo ordered so I'll give it a try. Is that your CT Broadleaf?

Ive rolled them in both CT Broadleaf and PA Oscuro and really like them both.

HIM

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Caldwell cigars but I found this blend info on their Eastern Standard line via New Havana Cigars. Figured its worth sharing.

Dominican Corojo ligero - 30%
Dominican Criollo 98 viso - 30%
Nic Habano seco - 40%
Domincan Habano binder
Wrapper - Connecticut hybrid from Ecuador

charlie G.

I'm trying a new blend to see how this works out.
2 L Piloto seco
1 L Piloto Viso
1 leaf Pa oscuro ( in a very dry case )
1/2 L Flojo Viso
Double Capa Banda Binder ( they were in tough shape so I doubled them )
Maduro wrapper or a San Andreas

I had rolled a cigar last week with all my Pa Oscaro scraps and it came out real tasty so playing with this new blend.
I plan to let this cigar sit awhile. But as normal I just hope I can keep a flame away from it.
That's my down fall tho. I always smoke them within 4 days of rolling.

Raodwarior

I'll be interested to see how this comes out, never worked with the flojo before but I think the wrapper might just completely was out the piloto cubano.

DIY Pete

I'm trying a new blend to see how this works out.
2 L Piloto seco
1 L Piloto Viso
1 leaf Pa oscuro ( in a very dry case )
1/2 L Flojo Viso
Double Capa Banda Binder ( they were in tough shape so I doubled them )
Maduro wrapper or a San Andreas

I had rolled a cigar last week with all my Pa Oscaro scraps and it came out real tasty so playing with this new blend.
I plan to let this cigar sit awhile. But as normal I just hope I can keep a flame away from it.
That's my down fall tho. I always smoke them within 4 days of rolling.

I think this will be a good blend.
Pete

charlie G.

I just got done wrapping two more with a Dom binder, as I came to the conclusion that if something was going to be lost in the blend I think it will be the Capa Banda.
I'm also going to wrap two with a seco binder and might add a little Ligerio in the mix on two.
Raadwarior and Webmost what would you recommend in this blend then for a mild not to spicy maduro ?

Gdaddy

I just got done wrapping two more with a Dom binder, as I came to the conclusion that if something was going to be lost in the blend I think it will be the Capa Banda.
I'm also going to wrap two with a seco binder and might add a little Ligerio in the mix on two.
Raadwarior and Webmost what would you recommend in this blend then for a mild not to spicy maduro ?

I second the idea of the Criollo 98 ligero.

The Flojo is very similar to the criollo ligero (imho) so I'd be tempted to replace the flojo with criollo as an experiment. I'd also try another one and replace BOTH the flojo and the PA Oscuro filler with criollo ligero. Then put the PA Oscuro as the wrapper.

With all this thick tobacco she'll need time to dry out.

Status
Not open for further replies.