Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

member's blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

I just got done wrapping two more with a Dom binder, as I came to the conclusion that if something was going to be lost in the blend I think it will be the Capa Banda.
I'm also going to wrap two with a seco binder and might add a little Ligerio in the mix on two.
Raadwarior and Webmost what would you recommend in this blend then for a mild not to spicy maduro ?

It might be better to add a Maduro leaf with the Capa Banda.

Also, Gdaddy's experiment might work. I stumbled on a different take with the Criollo Liguero while using a Ct. Broadleaf wrapper I got from BigBohnner. It brought out the chocolate flavor of the Criollo Liguero. Raodwarrior suggested trying with a San Andres wrapper, which I haven't ordered yet, but will.

I'm wondering if the same principle applies to the Capa/Banda?

ArizonaDave

Charlie, The San Andres wrapper may be the ticket on the flavor you're looking for.

A quote from Rocky Patel's new Prohibition cigars will shed some light on a "Spicy Maduro" on a $10 + stick:

"The Mexican San Andres wrapper is a well balanced smoke with a predominantly sweet spicy profile. Prohibition, available in a 6 1/2 x 52 toro size, is a 100% Nicaraguan filler and binder cigar"

Easily done with WLT's selection for pennies on the dollar.

charlie G.

Thanks for all the great input guys. I'll try some of these changes in a few more test sticks.
I have found in the past the Capa Banda is not a powerful leaf. It was easily overpowered in some past blends I used it in.
Also I've found a Pa Oscaro binder with a San Andreas wrapper is a good pairing.

Smokin Harley

As a matter of habit, you guys really should put your user name in the special instructions area when ordering anything. Members who contribute are what make this site work. I'm more than happy to send consideration for your efforts here.
Duly noted !

webmost

Omyfrikkingawd ... what blending genius sent me this pluperfect gem of tobacco artistry?
Zcapa.jpg

charlie G.

I think that's one of my mistakes by the label. I just searched the humidor and have a few more of them with different wrappers on them. Now the dumb thing is, I can't find the blend written down.
I guess I now have to admit it. I'm reel bad at keeping track of all the cigar blends I try. I know, what a stupid thing to do.
I must have got lucky that day :rolleyes:

charlie G.

I agree Chris but I have those senior moments sometimes. I need to force myself to keep better records in the future.
I have screwed up like that a few times now on some great sticks I have rolled. Lesson learned I hope.
Another bad habit I have is not putting a blend band on some cigars also. I always just figure I'm going to smoke them in a day or so so why bother. But that will change
from now on. I guess a good habit to get into is write the blend band before I roll the binder on.

webmost

Burnt up Charlie's #1 last night. It was okay; didn't taste like #2 or anything; but nowhere near as good as blend Z, which was one of those cigars you burn your fingers on cause you can't stand to give up on the nub. Plus, Z had a fine morning mouth, while #! left a rank morning mouth. Excellent construction on both. Seamless maduro wrappers, perfect torpedo shape, firm throughout with a nice draw.

webmost

Found a great deal on Nica Libre Contras. Tasty little figurados, come in a belt looped ammo pack. Scored two mazos, intending to use them as ammo for the Johnny Sotweedseed project. Bull. Turns out their claimed 46 gauge is more like 43 gauge, producing such scanty volume that I tossed the first one I tried, and reached for something I knew would yield good volume and good results......

Another superfine South Bound Cigar:
southbound2-4.jpg

This one says blend # 2, but there's a hand written 4 right after; so beats me. Mild light tan wrapper. One thing about DIY's simple construction is, you get great burn and great volume. Perfectly cylindrical and evenly packed. This is not the first on of his creations I've had burn with a razor sharp edge. Lasted me clear through a DVD'd Bellator MMA event, even including a couple times I had to hit pause when Bearswatter came out to jabber on about ... I forget what, but I'm sure she'll tell me I need my ears checked.

Mild, dry, woody, creamy. Not Pete's most flavorful; but consistently good. Left a pleasant toasty stinkfinger.

It's something when you can waste perfectly good money on store bought disappointment, then turn to home made goodness to complete the day.

DIY Pete

Found a great deal on Nica Libre Contras. Tasty little figurados, come in a belt looped ammo pack. Scored two mazos, intending to use them as ammo for the Johnny Sotweedseed project. Bull. Turns out their claimed 46 gauge is more like 43 gauge, producing such scanty volume that I tossed the first one I tried, and reached for something I knew would yield good volume and good results......

Another superfine South Bound Cigar:
This one says blend # 2, but there's a hand written 4 right after; so beats me. Mild light tan wrapper. One thing about DIY's simple construction is, you get great burn and great volume. Perfectly cylindrical and evenly packed. This is not the first on of his creations I've had burn with a razor sharp edge. Lasted me clear through a DVD'd Bellator MMA event, even including a couple times I had to hit pause when Bearswatter came out to jabber on about ... I forget what, but I'm sure she'll tell me I need my ears checked.

Mild, dry, woody, creamy. Not Pete's most flavorful; but consistently good. Left a pleasant toasty stinkfinger.

It's something when you can waste perfectly good money on store bought disappointment, then turn to home made goodness to complete the day.

That is my blend #4, I just didn't have any of the correct bands handy. I'm glad you liked it.

Blend 4
Connecticut Shade wrapper
Broad-leaf binder
1 Aleman Ligero
1/2 Paraguay Flojo Viso
1/2 Brazillian Mata Fina
2 Piloto Cubano Seco

Pete

webmost

Well, here's the deal, Pete... not to blow smoke up yer azz (no pun intended) but you have some of the nicest blends going, at least that I have tried. Anyone here would rather have a pleasant blend than a professional appearance, any day. Not my fave of yours, but... If a guy was looking for something real mild, this is good.

The whole reason I tell some of these guys I didn't like their sticks is so I can tell other guys I liked it and have them believe me.

ArizonaDave

I agree Chris but I have those senior moments sometimes. I need to force myself to keep better records in the future.
I have screwed up like that a few times now on some great sticks I have rolled. Lesson learned I hope.
Another bad habit I have is not putting a blend band on some cigars also. I always just figure I'm going to smoke them in a day or so so why bother. But that will change
from now on. I guess a good habit to get into is write the blend band before I roll the binder on.

I just have received this weekend, a beautiful 5 pack from Charlie G. I've seemed to have misplaced my camera, lol. Senior moment for sure. Pics to come!

ArizonaDave

That is my blend #4, I just didn't have any of the correct bands handy. I'm glad you liked it.

Blend 4
Connecticut Shade wrapper
Broad-leaf binder
1 Aleman Ligero
1/2 Paraguay Flojo Viso
1/2 Brazillian Mata Fina
2 Piloto Cubano Seco

Pete

Pete,

Try the Habana2000 Wrapper on that blend, I think you'll be surprised at the difference. With a broadleaf binder, San Andrea's Wrapper would be a double compliment. You're real close to something fantastic there!

DIY Pete

Pete,

Try the Habana2000 Wrapper on that blend, I think you'll be surprised at the difference. With a broadleaf binder, San Andrea's Wrapper would be a double compliment. You're real close to something fantastic there!

I would like to try that blend but there's one big problem. I only have a little bit of the Flojo and Aleman left so it's just got to be a blend left untried. So far I have really enjoyed the base blend with all the different wrappers and binders I have tried, with the possible exception of the Bezuki wrapper. For some reason it just doesn't meld with the base blend as well. I am going to let them sit a few more months and see if the come around a little more.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.