Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My favorite aromatic blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

CBG ain't what it used to be. My first pouch was acquired in the early 90s. Back then the gold was chocolate, creamy, rich, chocolate. Tasted chocolate and smelled chocolate. The white was a milder cooler version of the gold. Picked up a pouch of the gold 2-3 years ago and it was completely different. The only way I could describe the new blend is fake chocolate play dough. I have several aromatics kicking around, haven't had a bowl in awhile though. Vincenzo gold is an interesting one, highly aromatic and like nothing I've ever experienced. Another I kinda like is the Colts gold, cheap cheap stuff but smokes great, cool, dry, mild, never goes out, burns clean..... but there is no complexity.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Tell me about your experience with CB Royal. I tried it...Just seemed like there wasn't much flavor . The unlit smelled great but I was quickly disappointed by the almost non-existent flavor . I mixed some Royal with a pinch of CBCherry and the Regular Cav(white pouch) then added some Erik Nording Retriever (in the bean dip looking can)...the end result has a mild cherry ,mellow hazelnutty caramel, dessert type tobacco taste.

The royal is rather mild. I had mixed it 50/50 with some cbg and it was a improvement for the royal but lost quality for cbg. I was using it to pack the bottom 3rd of a bowl and top it up with cbg to stretch it so it would last longer and was please by that. But I think I'm starting to like the mildness in pipe tobaccos more than the heavily cased aromatics. I still have some of the blend from the first pic I posted and I tried some the other day, it's good, but I'm still liking the gold as my over all preference.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
CBG ain't what it used to be. My first pouch was acquired in the early 90s. Back then the gold was chocolate, creamy, rich, chocolate. Tasted chocolate and smelled chocolate. The white was a milder cooler version of the gold. Picked up a pouch of the gold 2-3 years ago and it was completely different. The only way I could describe the new blend is fake chocolate play dough. I have several aromatics kicking around, haven't had a bowl in awhile though. Vincenzo gold is an interesting one, highly aromatic and like nothing I've ever experienced. Another I kinda like is the Colts gold, cheap cheap stuff but smokes great, cool, dry, mild, never goes out, burns clean..... but there is no complexity.

interesting to note is that the american cbg seams perhaps more heavily cased, darker looking than the Canadian version. which might have something to do with our (Canadian) laws limiting the chemicals allowed for use in tobacco. as it stands, I still like the cbg, even though it seems that the very first pouch I bought in 2008 seemed to be different then the stuff now a days. It seemed golder, had a thicker ribbon cut, and smoked thick full clouds. I don't know, I think that that package could of been sitting on the shelf for 8 years already before I got it. no one thinks about getting pipe tobacco from a gas station, except me apparently, and not many people around these parts smoke pipes.

Smokin Harley

might simply be due to stock rotation or lack thereof ...Theres a shop not far that throws all their "aged" packaged tobacco in a box and just discounts it heavily to get rid of it rather than toss it or return it with their distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.