Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Monte Calme Brun seed wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack in NB

Founding Member
MCB was an outstanding leaf on one plant that survived in my patch a few years back.

Unfortunately I lost the seed from it, and am looking for some more to plant this year.

Does anybody have seed they'd like to sell or swap?

BarG

Founding Member
I have some monte calme seed but I am at a loss to say if its brun or not, It did originaly come from uk, and grew quite succesful last season from seeds from previous yrs. bud. which were the original seeds. would be happy to swap some.

Tom_in_TN

Pretty plant and sort of compact. Would you crowd them up a little and if so what spacing do you recommend planted offset in a double row?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Tim,
Now that I've paid attention to that photo, it really looks like a burley, rather than a Havana or Spanish type, so I'd say you've got MC Yellow.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Tim,
Now that I've paid attention to that photo, it really looks like a burley, rather than a Havana or Spanish type, so I'd say you've got MC Yellow.

Bob

Do you know when I grew them I don't think it mattered. But it is refreshing to realize the differrence with your help. Thanks Bob.

BarG

Founding Member
Tim,

Bob

Plants were staggered . 2' apart in rows and 3' between rows. A few rows evidently were in better soil and produced much larger plants. The pic shown developed buds weeks before some of the surrounding plants. The rows with best healthiest plants would have been to crowded with smaller spacing between plants, rows could have been a few inchs closer. I'm hoping to keep better records this yr. for age of plants to relate better to photos.This was worst drought for many yrs in this area and I believe it shows in plant height. some of the shaded grew to over 4'. They were first transplanted and last to mature. Not the short robust plant but taller and thinner leaves. no support was needed but they took forever to top out and produce a flowering seed pod. They are not picted.

Last edited:

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Bar G - My apologies. and belated thanks.

I wasn't ignoring you - simply missed your reply back in Jan - Jitterbug pm'd me and we connected.

Have a few of his seeds up and running.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.