Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

made myself a tuck cutter today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Got rained out at work so I got busy in the workshop. Quite impressed with it. Made out of a 12" piece of 2x4.angle iron.16 gauge steel .1/4x6" bolt.three washers .wing nut ,two 3 inch deck screws one 1 5/8" and a compression spring. Cuts slick as butter. Made a sliding length gauge ranging from 4-8 inches .

IMG_2445.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokin Harley

oh it happened, i sent the pics to my own email to transfer to here ...when or if it comes through itll get posted

charlie G.

WOW Harley you did a great job on both the tuck cutter and chaveta. You have some good skills.
I like seeing DIY tools.

Smokin Harley

thanks for the compliments guys....yeah , im a very creative person. always have been . as my wife says , I just seem to "whip up" stuff in the garage all the time. leather goods, jewelry, furniture...random stuff .

Smokin Harley

Nice clean simple design. Great job.
Thank you, I think simplicity is best . ever since I was a kid I planned my projects , usually drew up some kind of design beforehand and then along the way if necessary tweaked the design until the finished product. I have a cousin who is an architect so drawing up and planning must run in my blood. I studied a lot of cutters before making this. I actually was watching one on ebay that went for $29 that I based the design off of. as for the chaveta , the youtubes of rollers working seemed to use the similar design ,again simple utilitarian.

BarG

Founding Member
Great job! Easier said than done I'm sure. Rainy day , rain all day let the carpenters take a holiday.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.