Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Air Cured Ligero Twists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubhelix

So, after harvesting, I ran into some trouble air curing my Criollo and Madole. If I hung it outside, it would begin to cure nicely....and then it would mold. If I brought it into my basement/workshop/area-where-my-wife-won't-complain, which has a dehumidifier running, it would cure not-quite green but not-dark-enough. I saw that cool video with the guys making leaf-rope, and gave it a try, making 48" twists. I used ligero, with thin stems, and left the leaves intact with the stem. Next time I might remove the stems. We'll see. The twist provided enough mass to slow the drying rate, and allowed the twists to cure properly. Since I like pictures, here's a series of pics showing the simple process.

photo-134.jpg

photo-146.jpg

photo-135.jpg

photo-137.jpg

photo-143.jpg

photo-138.jpg

photo-142.jpg

photo-139.jpg

photo-141.jpg

photo-129.jpg

Cigar

Thats cool Dubhelix!! now if that rope cures all the way through could be great way to save alot space I would think.

Cigar

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That is really cool looking. Will you separate the leaves soon or leave them in the roll? Will the leaf be used for cigars? Please post your progress.

dubhelix

I might feed the twist straight into the grinder for snus. Maybe break some off for the pipe. I suppose I should dehydrate one and disassemble, to see how it looks on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.