Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

La Niña was a Brat in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at this map of record weather in 2011 (from NOAA), and see a dot on your head, then your weather for 2012 is likely to be different than it was in 2011, though the Texas drought is predicted to continue.

NOAArecordUsWeather_2011_600.jpg

Here's the whole article: http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2012/20120119_global_stats.html

Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Well dam, looks like my corner of Maryland is going to be even wetter than last year! Good thing I'm in the running for winning the tobacco contest... being from Maryland and all....

BarG

Founding Member
Does anyone want to trade a yellow dot for a green one? My tobacco still produced fairly well last year despite the drought, much better than my vegetables.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'll take that trade Bar! More than enough green dots to share

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The Roanoke Times published this interesting graphic today, comparing the effects on the US continental weather of El Niño vs. La Niña.

WeatherComparison.jpg

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Almost february and it's pouring here. Weird, but it's saving tons of wood for heating.

BarG

Founding Member
They are predicting another dry year for my region this 2012, Anyone around here would gladly trade with you smokesahoy. My neibors 4 acre lake about 20' deep has a couple nice little ponds where it used to be. Our ground is finaly getting saturated enough to where a realy good 4" rain would give every one some much needed run off. The Nina"s -Nino's play havoc the way the pacific currents are heated or cooled, as far as the jet streams are concerned, also take into account the recent solar flares, which are still peeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.