Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Bezuki Wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I am going to put you on my list for the homegrown version Dave. I have to sort the leaves and get into proper case, not in that order. They are kilned but not aged.I have been pressed lately but will pm all when sent.

BarG

Founding Member
I am looking forward to sending a bunch out. I have rolled with them already and they are good.Not as good as Don's but fair. They will be fun to play with.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I grew Besuki for 2014. I have yet to determine if the leaf cures properly and produces usable wrapper. Seed will be in the FTT seed bank this winter.

Bob

ArizonaDave

Ok, I received WLT's Bezuki Wrapper about a week ago, and it is Fantastic! Had a Cigar yesterday using this as a wrapper and binder, and was smooth as silk! Thank you all for your help and recommendations on this Wrapper. Much darker (which I like) than the pics on WLT's page, it is a beautiful, flat, and rather large leaf that I will use again and again!

Love the flavor, aroma, and smell of this leaf!

dvick003

Does anyone want to make a trade for bezuki wrapper? I have about 1/2 to 5/8 a pound left. Unfortunately, I am not a fan. Glad to hear some of y'all are liking it.

Gavin

ArizonaDave

Does anyone want to make a trade for bezuki wrapper? I have about 1/2 to 5/8 a pound left. Unfortunately, I am not a fan. Glad to hear some of y'all are liking it.

Gavin

Cigar would make the best recipient.

What I've found is that it does NOT play well with the Nicaraguan Habanos. It does seem to go with the Dominican tobaccos much better. Knucklehead was right in his assessment.

It's possible it goes better with other tobaccos as well. I like it ok, and it is a reasonably priced wrapper.

My flavor profile likes the Habano tobaccos more, including the Habana 2000 wrapper, which is more stretchy and closer to my personal flavor profile.

That said, it is a great leaf for those who crave that flavor.

Years ago, there was a cigar made by Finck Cigar company that used Bezuki in a cigar that was fantastic. I believe it had Brazillian Mata Fina and maybe Dominican along with Bezuki filler. If I'm able to copy that flavor, I'd be a happy camper.

dvick003

I have always been puzzled at the way some people do things. You ever go to a party and watch people grimace with each sip they take? I swore to myself that I would not do that. The bezuki wrapper is such a different smell/taste profile that I am not familiar with. I could smoke the whole pound but might not like it any better. I never understood why people wanted an "acquired taste." Either you like it or you don't. There are so many other options out there, some one who likes bezuki should enjoy it. Hopefully a trade will happen soon...

Gavin

ArizonaDave

I have always been puzzled at the way some people do things. You ever go to a party and watch people grimace with each sip they take? I swore to myself that I would not do that. The bezuki wrapper is such a different smell/taste profile that I am not familiar with. I could smoke the whole pound but might not like it any better. I never understood why people wanted an "acquired taste." Either you like it or you don't. There are so many other options out there, some one who likes bezuki should enjoy it. Hopefully a trade will happen soon...

Gavin

I tried to roll a couple tonight similar to what I told you. We'll see....

In the mean while, I'm loving this blend:

Dark Fire Cured Wrapper
Nic. Hab. Viso
Nic. Hab Seco
Ct. Broadleaf or Havana 142 binder.

It could be done without the 4th option, and be close to the same. Even rolled a couple with 2 leaves of Criollo Liguero that are waiting for me to try.

Cigar

I think the Bezuki should be used with Ct. or some form of Dom. to mix well.

Cigar

Cigar

Man was i right about combing the Bezuki with Dom. leaf..just smoked a cigar rolled about month ago with:Bezuki wrapper/Ct.brd binder/and Dom.seco+Dom ligero WOW was it good!! so smooth with just a little kick..great one.

Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.