Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Bezuki Wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigar

I have not yet..but if its anything close to the Sumatra binder that came with the sampler-pack I bet its great!

Cigar

MarcL

I like it. i got the New Wrapper Combo. I'll end up w/more of all of them. the Bezuki reminds me of the Sumatran but milder.

DonH

I tried the kind that was available a year or so ago. It was fantastic. I assume that this new batch is pretty much the same.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Bezuki is the most durable, stretchable wrapper I have worked with. It adds very little to the flavor of a cigar, but is a superbly forgiving wrapper.

Bob

DonH

Bezuki is the most durable, stretchable wrapper I have worked with. It adds very little to the flavor of a cigar, but is a superbly forgiving wrapper.

Bob
Bob, you're far more of an expert on cigars than I'll ever be, but I really liked the flavor of the Bezuki. Not to say you didn't, but I did think it added a lot to a cigar.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My general impression of the dozen or so different Indonesian wrapper varieties that I sampled (and smoked as puros) was that their flavors were fairly subtle, when compared to Habano varieties, and even Sumatra varieties adapted to other regions (FL Sumatra, Ecuador Sumatra, Cameroon). I do like the taste of Bezuki, more so than CT Shade.

Bob

ArizonaDave

My general impression of the dozen or so different Indonesian wrapper varieties that I sampled (and smoked as puros) was that their flavors were fairly subtle, when compared to Habano varieties, and even Sumatra varieties adapted to other regions (FL Sumatra, Ecuador Sumatra, Cameroon). I do like the taste of Bezuki, more so than CT Shade.

Bob

Have you ever grown Cameroon? Just wondering.
I'm going to order Bezuki here shortly, I've heard WLT's Bezuki is stretchy. That would be good for a wrapper. Someone sent me a sample of Indonesian from the other place, but no stretch, and didn't seem to make the cut for me.

After reading your posts here, I've made it my priority to try now. Thank you Bob!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

BarG

Founding Member

Bob

I have found that for my beginnings rolling cigars that success with Bezuki wrappers was almost 100%. Almost every leaf provided 2 wrappers comepletely free of any holes.The several lbs. I have used were 2008 aged and fermented if I am not mistaken.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have found that for my beginnings rolling cigars that success with Bezuki wrappers was almost 100%. Almost every leaf provided 2 wrappers comepletely free of any holes.The several lbs. I have used were 2008 aged and fermented if I am not mistaken.

I still have a little of that wrapper. It's still awesome! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.