Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Refresh Grow-Outs for 2015 from the FTT Seed Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The five varieties I requested never made it. I found another source so don't worry about trying again. They may show up some day anyway.

Brown Thumb

I received mine after asking Bob about them.
So far not so good.
PI # 405572 2 Seedlings
PI # 113672 0 Seedlings
PI # 113628 0 Seedlings

Brown Thumb

I started them the same way I do with the rest of my seed, that I have had no problem with. I have a feeling they got crushed by the mail due to the black spots on the inside of the envelopes.
I have none left, there was only a couple dozen in the packet.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I paid extra so they wouldn't be processed through the auto-sort crusher. The cheapest Priority mail is $5.00. The dilemma of what to do with the seed bank remains. I'd suggest everyone who is interested in maintaining a seed bank should keep the seeds they want to have included in the seed bank and they can be added to list that represents the entire seed bank. If someone wants the seed from the part of the collection you hold, you can create your own terms as to how to distribute them.

I paid a couple of worker a lot of money to inventory and catalog nearly 500 separate varieties for which there were multiple entries for most varieties.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
Did anyone get their seeds. BarG's were returned (no idea why). Someone else is suggesting they didn't get theirs either.

Don, If you will resend I will be glad to pay any postage and handling. I have been waiting to start all my seeds for this year and plant all at the same time. I have a long growing season so I am in no rush. Thanks!

Markw

The seeds made it to the UK ok and they are on the way to the races now, should be something showing in a few days fingers crossed

Brown Thumb

I paid extra so they wouldn't be processed through the auto-sort crusher. The cheapest Priority mail is $5.00. The dilemma of what to do with the seed bank remains. I'd suggest everyone who is interested in maintaining a seed bank should keep the seeds they want to have included in the seed bank and they can be added to list that represents the entire seed bank. If someone wants the seed from the part of the collection you hold, you can create your own terms as to how to distribute them.

I paid a couple of worker a lot of money to inventory and catalog nearly 500 separate varieties for which there were multiple entries for most varieties.
I was not complaining. Bummed out due to I wish they all grew to help out.
I know sending seed is not cheap and is time consuming.
I have sent a lot out it and it gets expensive.
I do not know how many people actually return seed from the growouts.
But I would ask for a 5 dollar donation for growout seed.
Chit we get to keep the good stuff.
just a Idea.
BT

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I was not complaining.
BT

No offense taken. The simple fact of the matter is the seed bank is very expensive to administer and it provide negative revenue. The reward for maintaining the seed bank is to get more seeds to inventory, catalog and distribute. It's very hard to justify its existence.

jolly

The dilemma of what to do with the seed bank remains. I'd suggest everyone who is interested in maintaining a seed bank should keep the seeds they want to have included in the seed bank and they can be added to list that represents the entire seed bank. If someone wants the seed from the part of the collection you hold, you can create your own terms as to how to distribute them.

I think this is a great idea. The spreadsheet is already set up -- just need to add screen names to the varieties. Folks responsible for the varieties would receive PMs and send out seed. Decentralizing it will take the heat off of you to manage it. Seed ownership program.

grgfinney

Upon further review seeds were crushed when I went to sow them today,I will grow kutsaga110 from my seed from last year,same with the round tip,will probably need some Canik and Amarellinho to grow for seed

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Upon further review seeds were crushed when I went to sow them today,I will grow kutsaga110 from my seed from last year,same with the round tip,will probably need some Canik and Amarellinho to grow for seed

I have some Amarellinha (PI:118822) Think its sent form "Istanbulin".. Pm me if you need em, but remember seed from me take nearly a week

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I have something to ask, we have a lot of growers in her.. And if something would be wrong it would become great if the seed was markt with the latest 2> growers not to hang any one, but to let the bad seed drop of..

Status
Not open for further replies.