Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco finishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek14

So in reading this post, from 5 years ago, will it mold? I made some navy cut, it looks wet, although has no reason to be wet. I pressed it, hard, like real hard, on a humid day, left it in vice for a day, and cut it. Smokes great, but worried about mold.
I sometimes roll little "turds" and press them very hard in a vise. IME, they will mold, often on a cut (or not) end if jarred with any moisture *at all* in them. However, if left open to the air they seem not to mold even if they start pretty moist inside. They take surprisingly long to dry completely through and through.

What I wonder is, if the cut end molds how deep does that mycelium go. Is it all scrap? Just cut the mold off? Cut 1/4 inch?

ChinaVoodoo

I sometimes roll little "turds" and press them very hard in a vise. IME, they will mold, often on a cut (or not) end if jarred with any moisture *at all* in them. However, if left open to the air they seem not to mold even if they start pretty moist inside. They take surprisingly long to dry completely through and through.

What I wonder is, if the cut end molds how deep does that mycelium go. Is it all scrap? Just cut the mold off? Cut 1/4 inch?
It can spread within the tobacco so I recommend pulling it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.