Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

four by four

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

LewZephyr, your package is taped up, addressed, and it goes in the mail today. The pair containing Mata Fina are in the side labeled MF; while the pair containing Piloto Cubano are in the side labeled PC.

Guys, anyone wants to get in on a 4x4 swap, here's how it works: I have these little 1"x4"x7" U-line boxes I scored for my FX Smith's Sons project. They cost $2.50 to mail anywhere in the USA *. I insert four Uppowoc Perfectos and $2.50 in stamps inside a box and address it to you. You put four of your finest inside, you swap addresses, you stick the new stamps I sent you over the old ones **, and you mail the box back. Be sure to let me know what your blend is or blends are. Your Uppowocs will have been aged at least enough to be ready to smoke. The ones you send me, I can age them. If the Uppowocs don't sound like they would please your palate, I can send you some tasty FXSS Smithdales to try.

I am looking to discover member blends which may be to my taste. I like moody, flavorful, full of spice that doesn't bite, like the ones Indianamac sent, which I have described elsewhere; or the very excellent Southbound Cigars, likewise described elsewhere on this forum. I do not care for pepper nor for coffee nor in the least bit at all for any kind of infused. My present fave Uppowoc, just as an example, is blent from 4 parts Criollo, one part Mata Fina, bound in Sumatra, wrapped in Habano. Or, I can send you Uppowocs with Piloto viso instead of the Mata. Or, as in the case with LZ here, two of one and two of the other. Lemme know what you have or can blend along those lines, and if you are in, PM me your address. Seems like a cheap enough way to try what other blends can do, without springing for a half pound of everything only to discover it ain't fer you.

Who else is in?

* Regrettably, this offer is not available for our esteemed members outside the USA. Postage and customs hassles and, in some cases, delivery uncertainties make it not worth the trouble at this time. Sorry.

** Frequently, the postage I affixed to send your stix will not have been cancelled by the post office. In that case, just send back using the same stamps, with the unused stamps inside.

Cigar

I get-it I think all got to do is say "hey Webmost" then you send me free cigars?? heck-yea Im in..

webmost

I get-it I think all got to do is say "hey Webmost" then you send me free cigars?? heck-yea Im in..

close... but no cigar

You gotta say "I'll swap you four I rolled from this that and the other ... sound good?" sound good?

LewZephyr

@webmost - Looking forward to the shipment.
I was doing my first part of the roll this evening. I only have 5 molds so have to roll in cycles.
Presently I got 5 in the molds with binders. Tomorrow I will finish em up with the wrappers.

So, that being said, you may want to determine how long you want them to rest. They shouldn't be wet by any means, but we all know we like our RH how we like our RH.

Thanks for this opportunity, and of course want feedback on your impressions.

webmost

Mad's in. I think we're gonna swap four criollo/piloto for four seco/aleman. Know more when he okays the deal.

webmost

Cigar is in. Swapping me four wrapped in Habano, bound in Sumatra, filled with corojo, Nicaraguan viso, and Dominican ligero. Sounds spicy. I'm sending him four with the criollo/viso. Won't be anywhere near as spicy as his.

No mail today; so I will pack them up tonight and fire away tomorrow.

webmost

Bombs away... first class mail, so maybe by end of week ... LewZephyr yours may be there today.

LewZephyr

Package arrived yesterday afternoon.

I have boxed mine and applied stamps. Should have it in the mailbox this afternoon.

Haven't tried any of your sticks yet. I will let em sit in the Humi for a few days. Probably this Sat or Sun I will smoke one.

Thanks @WebMost

webmost

LewZephyr's package arrived today. I may not have thought this through properly. I suggested he send me four of his number six blend. So now I have received four sixes -- 6666. ... and with Halloween coming on.

marc6.jpg

Looking real tight and smooth. Smell great. Got those frisky twisty pigtails. I'm going out to burn one right now.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Smoking one will leave you with three 6's. For safety's sake, I would start calling them 9's. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.