Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Happy thanks giving to my Canadian friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Hopefully you've got a bit of your crop cured, kilned, and prepped to smoke to be enjoyed after your turkey dinner.

Much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the honey crop we had this year, the addition of 50 more hives that that brings our total up to 110. I'm thankful for the successful tobacco crop and seed crop this year. I'm thankful to be on FTT where all you guys have been a tremindous help.

What are you thankful for?

Will.

buck

Thanks, didn't do much for Thanksgiving this year. Cooking a turkey for 4 people is not worth the effort and we'd be eating left over turkey into the next month. We just had nice family time.

Matty

Been a nice weekend on this end. Nice fall weather and scenery, lots to eat and drink, and of course, hand rolled cigars. Had a nice baccy grow this year but unfortunately an early killing frost took over half my leaf.

Attachments

• 2014-10-13 00.47.29.jpg
    2014-10-13 00.47.29.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-10-13 00.48.07.jpg
    2014-10-13 00.48.07.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 30

DGBAMA

Been a nice weekend on this end. Nice fall weather and scenery, lots to eat and drink, and of course, hand rolled cigars. Had a nice baccy grow this year but unfortunately an early killing frost took over half my leaf.
Beautiful plants Matty, sorry to hear of the early frost.

What variety? And is there as big a difference in ripeness as it looks like from one side of the row to the other? Looks like sun exposure played a huge part?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving.

Here in the US, we require an additional month of committee deliberations in order to consider whether or not to move forward with thankfulness.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving.

When do you guys celebrate Halloween?....July 4th?

...and what's up with that Boxing Day thing? The day after Christmas you guys put on the gloves and beat the crap out of each other? Never could figure you guys out.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Happy Thanksgiving.

When do you guys celebrate Halloween?....July 4th?

...and what's up with that Boxing Day thing? The day after Christmas you guys put on the gloves and beat the crap out of each other? Never could figure you guys out.

Funny you should mention that. Consumer fireworks are sold for halloween but not for canada day (july 1st) our independance day although there are firework displays. Other provences may not sell consumer fireworks on halloween but do so for victoria day (may) but not here in BC.

In regard to boxing day, Officially thats when we'd box up our loot. Unofficially thats when the civil attitude of the in-laws is thrown out the door and the bickering begins.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Happy Thanksgiving guys, seems like the Canadians have best of both world's with your holidays. Do you guys do any work? :)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
. Do you guys do any work? :)

Coincidentally, today is Columbus Day here in the States. How this day ever became a National holiday is beyond me. Just another excuse for all government buildings (local, State and Federal offices) to close and get paid for it. So of course all schools, banks and the Post Office is also closed.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. It falls on a Wednesday, so nobody will work Monday and Tuesday (Christmas Eve has become an unofficial Holiday) and nobody will work Thursday or Friday either. Then after the weekend (no work), New Years Day falls on Wednesday also. Basically, I won't be able to do business for 2 flippin' weeks.

Must be nice to have a cushy government job.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
How this day ever became a National holiday...
Wikipedia said:
240px-Desembarco_de_Colon_de_Teofilo_de_la_Puebla.jpg

Columbus Day was first enshrined as a legal holiday in the United States through the lobbying of Angelo Noce, a first generation Italian, in Denver. The first statewide Columbus Day holiday was proclaimed by Colorado governor Jesse F. McDonald in 1905, and it was made a statutory holiday in 1907. In April 1934, as a result of lobbying by the Knights of Columbus and New York City Italian leader Generoso Pope, Congress and President Franklin Delano Roosevelt made October 12 a federal holiday under the name Columbus Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day
Bob

Matty

Beautiful plants Matty, sorry to hear of the early frost.

What variety? And is there as big a difference in ripeness as it looks like from one side of the row to the other? Looks like sun exposure played a huge part?

That was my "good" garden. Half burley, half virginia, the virginia are the ripe looking ones. Had 35"+ long leaves on all the plants this year. 2.5"-3" dia. stalks.

Status
Not open for further replies.