Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Winter is Coming - Winter Smokes - What do you roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

I generally keep my cigar smoking for the large part to front porch , sippin a whiskey or a cold beer after dinner while the wife has a "dirty ol cigarette" with her evening drink as well. But,otherwise I'm grabbing a stick for cutting grass, gardening, garage putzing ,etc. But , there are those grab the ol snow shovel and clean the driveway some times in the winter ( we do get plenty of those here in Illinois ).I like a Churchill 7x54 but I find a 5 x 50 is just as nice as a Nub Habano or Cameroon in 4x58-66 is a nice hour or so too. I think anything smaller than a 50 just smokes too hot or the taste just open itself up as much as a slower burning fatty. but thats just my personal taste and opinion. YMMV. I am patiently waiting for my first order of cigar tobacco from WLT (Sabroso Medio kit, just ordered it minutes ago) and just the thought of sitting down to a new hobby of RMO cigars with tools I made myself is going to be quite an enjoyable feat. I mean I already know I enjoy things more when I do myself what I would normally pay someone else for. I'll be anxious to smoke one .In fact it'll be very hard for me to not just smoke the first one as soon as I get finished capping it.

webmost

My garage in So Ca stays warm enough to smoke year round ;)
Yer disqualified -- you don't have but two seasons in SoCal: bleak and wildfire. Hop a plane to Dull-Aware in a couple months. We'll sit by the fire while snow falls and admire.

moscca

Good luck Harley !!
Try to give them a few days rest, because it makes a big difference.

Brown Thumb

I'm hoping some of that global warming kicks in this year. Last winter was the coldest ever recorded in the history of the earth...at least it felt that way.
I am with you there Don.
The older I get the COLDER I GET.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20141030_1620_BobEnjoyingACigarOnThePorch_400.jpg

Smoking a cigar, and checking the FTT forum.

Bob

webmost

I am with you there Don.
The older I get the COLDER I GET.

I seem to be going the other way round. Grew up in San Berdoo with the SoCal lizard people. Now I like to ride my murdercycle in the snow and sleet. Bring in firewood. Get up in the morning and watch the colors in the ice on bare tree branches.

Hell I just love weather period.

DGBAMA

Iceland is actually named counter-intuitive, the name was given to deter too many people from coming to a nice place.

GuyNC

When I am visiting others I respect them and either do not smoke or I may go outside to do so. Here at home, I smoke indoor all seasons. If the weather is cold and I have visitors that wince at my smoking I invite them to the outdoors while I finish my smoke.

DGBAMA

When I am visiting others I respect them and either do not smoke or I may go outside to do so. Here at home, I smoke indoor all seasons. If the weather is cold and I have visitors that wince at my smoking I invite them to the outdoors while I finish my smoke.

Your house, your rules. Good for you standing up.

I refuse to smoke in my house. I had to help my grandparents move many years ago, they were heavy smokers. I always thought their walls were PAINTED yellow, until we started taking pictures off the walls and there were WHITE squares everywhere. Not in my house.

Old#12

I live in the northwest where weather conditions can vary day to day. Temperatures can get into the sub zeros so you have to pick your spots. I usually don't smoke if it gets below 25F but I also have a propane fire pit that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.