Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Winter is Coming - Winter Smokes - What do you roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old#12

To answer the other part of your question about what to smoke that is really a matter of preference. I haven't been rmo for a long time but I tend to go a little milder for the smaller RGs. If you're trying match profile of your faves I would have to say it's all relative

ArizonaDave

I'm going to try out a new blend for me today or tomorrow. Fire cured at the Center, Nic. Habano Seco, Nic. Hab. Viso with a Havana (pi 142) Wrapper. Smells great! I rolled and smoked one earlier that had some promise, but may need more Liguero" 1 L Criollo 98' Liguero, Nic seco, Nic Viso and a Wonderful Fire cured wrapper! Will try and tweak this blend later.

GuyNC

Ariz-Dave.
You have hit on my sweet spot by mentioning Nic Habano Viso or even Seco. For some reason the Nic Habano has become some of my favorite tobaccos to use in a cigar.
But others tell me that it has a Perfume taste and they do not like it. I have not found that Not
to be true in my cigar making.
I just Love the Nic Habano Seco or Viso and think it enhances any cigar it is incorporated into the blend.
I just got some Piloto Cubano Seco and Viso today. Haven't used it yet but I did detect a smell to it as I was trying to use it. I have not as yet used it as a filler or a binder and most of the leaf was in a bad state and dry and crispy as hell.
What can you tell me about this tobacco?
It seems that you like it.
Thanks for any info.

ArizonaDave

Ariz-Dave.
You have hit on my sweet spot by mentioning Nic Habano Viso or even Seco. For some reason the Nic Habano has become some of my favorite tobaccos to use in a cigar.
But others tell me that it has a Perfume taste and they do not like it. I have not found that Not
to be true in my cigar making.
I just Love the Nic Habano Seco or Viso and think it enhances any cigar it is incorporated into the blend.
I just got some Piloto Cubano Seco and Viso today. Haven't used it yet but I did detect a smell to it as I was trying to use it. I have not as yet used it as a filler or a binder and most of the leaf was in a bad state and dry and crispy as hell.
What can you tell me about this tobacco?
It seems that you like it.
Thanks for any info.

Yeah, for sure. The Piloto Cubano Seco is a Cuban Seed, mellow dominican done in the old cuban way. It adds just a slight vanilla ice cream kind of taste, but when mixed with Habano's, it brings to the forefront all the subtilizes of the Habano flavor. Enhances it, if you will. Haven't tried the viso, but have some coming next week. There's a thread on here somewhere addressing the origins of the Piloto Cubano, and is a highly recommended read.

You can rehydrate any leaf, they soak up water like a sponge. It's only when they're over wet that there's a problem. Oh, I've used Nicaraguan Habano Seco as a binder and wrapper, works great! Of course the Habana 2000 is a great wrapper with this mix.

Here's my 4 Habano recipes:

1) Nic. Hab. Seco- Binder, wrapper filler

2) (For churchill size)
Nic. Hab. Seco Wrapper
2 full leaves of Nic. Hab. Viso
Nic. Habano Seco binder

3) (With Pioto Cubano Seco)
Nic. Hab. Seco wrapper
Double Piloto Cubano Binder (works great for even burn)
½ Piloto Cubano
½ Nic. Habano Seco

4)
Habano2000 Wrapper
Piloto Cubano Seco Binder
Filler:
An even mix of Piloto and Habano
½ leaf Brazilian Mata Fina

Now, on number #4 you can change it around to make it stronger, or to make it creamier. To make it creamier, just keep it the same except change the binder to dominican. I've also used Criollo Liguero, Aleman Liguero or Nic. Habano Viso to boost the strength. It's up to you, I just tried to keep it simple. Hope this helps? I've tried the fire cured with blend 1 and 2, works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.