Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A Bucket of Doe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

My wife finally gave me the OK to hunt our property.
The kids have names for the deer here and were like pets when they were younger.
I think this is limpy due to she got stuck in the electric fence a few yrs back and had a damaged leg above the knee that healed all screwed up. She was 3 to 4 yrs old.
I shot for the lungs but Hit the heart dead center. It was raining like crazy and Getting dark I thought I would never find her. No blood trail.
Jacob found her about 150 yards away.
Jacob likes to play with knives so I gave him the choice to either cut the butt out and open her up or take the guts out. He chose guts. Did a good job I thought he would puke since he has a weak stomach but he did good.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Brown Thumb

Thanks Greg, Good Luck.
Maybe Horney, or Bucky Will be in my sight next.

Brown Thumb

Thanks Knucks, lung shot on this one She only went 35 Yrds.
Just finished chowing down the last leftover stew from the last one for lunch yesterday. 5 mouths to feed it goes fast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 76

BarG

Founding Member
I was informed last weekend my damn season is over. I can still kill deer but I only get one good one then its does and spikes. I'll still hunt for meat on a 4 day weekend. It just lost its luster.

BarG

Founding Member
Thanks Knucks, lung shot on this one She only went 35 Yrds.
Just finished chowing down the last leftover stew from the last one for lunch yesterday. 5 mouths to feed it goes fast.
Way to go BT, kill shots is the way to go, good shooting. I never feel bad about feeding my family.
I just came back from an out of town job where every morning I drink my coffee and watch the deer . 19 point buck rubbin and markin and scrapin.

Brown Thumb

I was informed last weekend my damn season is over. I can still kill deer but I only get one good one then its does and spikes. I'll still hunt for meat on a 4 day weekend. It just lost its luster.

It's only doe season at the moment. This is the first year they actually sold out of doe stamps. I got 4 since we are only allowed one buck and it has to be at least a 6 pointer. We cannot shoot spikes. I won't shoot a yearling either but some one around me is due to two groups of thee fawns are now down two fawns.
I have a 1/2 hr. at night to hunt when I get home so I am pretty lucky on this one.

Brown Thumb

Well I had to pull out the Fire Cured from the smoker for Jerky.
It smells pretty close to The real thing. I will have to try in a blend, in a bowl by itself it will kill you.
Deer Jerky next. I cut a shoulder up last night for jerky what a PITA. But is now ready for the smoker in the morning.
image.jpgimage.jpg

DGBAMA

Both look good. Smoke may be a little too concentrated for the leaf, contributing to the shinny appearance.

Brown Thumb

Thanks DG, I might have left it in too long. Stoked it tree times a day for something like 2 to 3 weeks. The leaf is really thin too. I cranked the temp. up to 165 and that gave me a lot more smoke in the little smoker so that might have also done it.

BarG

Founding Member
It's only doe season at the moment. This is the first year they actually sold out of doe stamps. I got 4 since we are only allowed one buck and it has to be at least a 6 pointer. We cannot shoot spikes. I won't shoot a yearling either but some one around me is due to two groups of thee fawns are now down two fawns.
I have a 1/2 hr. at night to hunt when I get home so I am pretty lucky on this one.

We filled our doe tags this weekend. Hell thats half my licence. I had to work for mine.I found a needle in a haystack. A 300 yd shot at sunset ; i had to come back the next day because it was not an imediate kill shot. It feel worse to wound an animal and leave it than not try to retrieve it I always follow up.
My next hunt will probably involve more baby sitting than hunting . Madison, Texas

My octogenerian [80 yr old] neighbor got an 11 point next door to me. He was thrilled. His wife has braggin rights.

Last edited:

Brown Thumb

My wife and dauger saw two guys walking up the front field yesterday. I thought nothing of it. pulled the trail cam pics tonight. If you see what I see WTF the guy walked past houses not close but not far around my property 12 acres. I cant beleave he is alive. I cannot find anything in the news. What is in his right hand? at first I thought a beer can, Wrong. Save the pic and zoom in you see what I am talking about.:(
2 people 001.jpg

Brown Thumb

This might look a little better. I called the neighbors and nobody heard a thing.
2 guys again 001.jpg

Brown Thumb

His left arm is torn off. He has it in his right hand. His pants is what made me blow the pic up Dirt or blood. his buddy is coverd in blood also, white shirt now pink.
must have fell setting up a tree Stand on private property with the rope around his arm.

Matty

If there's that much blood, if that's what it is, maybe you could track it and find out where they came from and what might have happened. I can't see much in the pic, there might not be anything going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.