Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Turkish flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
In all reality it is probably one of the hundreds of chemicals that are added to the tobacco and to the cigarette paper that is giving you that particular smell.

DonH

The whole "Turkish" thing about Camels is misleading. I read somewhere in an article someone posted here about the history of American cigarettes that Camel actually uses less Turkish tobacco than other brands.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'm a big fan of bursa also..ottoman is another turk variety I grow..the 2 grow looking like twins.

Bigdog

Hey Don and Chicken, how do you cure your Bursa? I'm hope to get a nice cigarette tobacco without flue curing, would love to try Virginia 116 to blend with the Bursa, the discription at Sky"s place said it air cures to a bright yellow.

DonH

Hey Don and Chicken, how do you cure your Bursa? I'm hope to get a nice cigarette tobacco without flue curing, would love to try Virginia 116 to blend with the Bursa, the discription at Sky"s place said it air cures to a bright yellow.
I just air cured it. To avoid it drying green, depending on your curing conditions, I pile color cure the leaves before hanging. It would probably taste better sun cured, but I travel too much to be able to take them out of the rain.

Planter

My Bursa air-cured to a reddish-brown. Sun-cured is brighter. I also picked some overripe leaves (completely yellow on the plant) and dried those immediately in a kitchen oven at 120-140 degrees Fahrenheit (up to 160 degrees if stems were fatter) until crisp, then brought them with a wet cloth back into case while the oven cooled down. They came out bright orange-yellow and are DISTINCTLY sweet (as sweet as pipe tobacco with sugar added). Less aromatic than "properly cured" Bursa, but interesting and a good pipe smoke on its own nonetheless.
I have tried this method with other Orientals high in sugar and it works, actually I think I prefer Prilep like this.

I don´t know anything about cigarettes, but can imagine that this would make a good addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.