Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rollers' Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

A few weeks ago, there was some desultory tongue-in-cheek consideration of a busload of us amateur cigar rollers meeting in Nicaragua. Of course, that ain't about to happen. But we can easily make it happen here.

Our new friend Raodwarior owns a cigar lounge aptly named Leaf Lovers in North West Pennsylvania. He has volunteered the place as an appropriate venue. The Lake is within spitting distance. Nearby are countless wineries with wine tours. Niagara is just up the street. It's a scenic drive whichever direction you come from. The woods are full of Bed and Breakfast inns. So this is an attractive spot to lure The One Who Must Be Obeyed and pretend you just wanted to take her somewhere romantic. Otherwise, several of us might want to drive up ensemble and bunk cheap or camp in the woods. Convenient from OH, PA, NY, anywhere in the Northeast. mBout 350 miles from me; but then, I like long motorcycle rides, so...

The idea is like this: Each guy brings his necessary rolling equipment and leaves, along with a half dozen or so sticks of his own making to pass out. RW provides the venue and some rolling tables. Each guy we hope is willing to bunch and roll a stick or two so the others can watch and ask questions. We sample the roller's blend and study his methods. Not a time to be bashful. No one knows who might learn what from who. It's a learning experience.

I propose we pick a date next July. For the sake of argument, let's start with the weekend of the 4th. Friday and Saturday, I can tote Bearswatter to Tidioute for the Battle on Bull Mountain PBR event. Then, Sunday 5th, we can all convene at Leaf Lovers say around ten, and plan to spend the day.

Our affable forum host Don Carey promises to attend. Raodwarior has to be there just to make sure we don't rob the place blind. I'll be there. I'll bring T-shirts and door prizes. I'll arrange some kind of lunch. You can BYOB. Don can cross palms, take orders, and hand out WLT matchbooks. He knows good fishing holes at The Gorge.

So. I am gauging interest. Sunday 5th July, 2015, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in North East Pennsylvania, on the shores of Lake Erie. Who else would attend such a function? Looking for half a dozen or eight guys who are willing to learn from one another.

This goes over, I don't see why we shouldn't have a Roaming Rolling Rally annually travelling round the country. Next time KY or NC; then down in the skeetery gator swamp; then out in the bleak West. So if it's too far for you to show, do not promise to be there. Need half a dozen who can more than just say they will.

Who's in?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I might attend but I'd suggest another date. A lot of people (not me though) do family things for the 4th of July holiday.

DIY Pete

I would love to attend, but it is an 11-ish hour drive from central Iowa. That is of course assuming that there isn't cArmageddon some where along the route, Chicago is the most likely suspect.

The 4th would not work for me but if it was on another weekend during the summer I could try and work it into a larger vacation. At best you could count me as a maybe.

Pete

Langhorne

Sounds like a great weekend. Think I could make it from Cincinnati.

charlie G.

I think we should all just show up at WLT's tobacco storage barn and spend the weekend rolling and smoking all the inventory he has.
I hope that didn't just Piss him off cause I hate to open my next order and find all stems.

Status
Not open for further replies.