Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First shipment from WLT , casing it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Got the first shipment yesterday , I just started a job(nuke outage) that will keep me busy starting Monday 12 hours a day for most likely only a week then I'll be off until spring. So, the leaf I got seems to be all low case . I'm thinking it will be just fine until I get time to case it up before I roll. My question , what is the best method to case it up and how long ? I plan on using fruit pectin for edge/cap glue. Whats the mix rate, consistency or whatever for that?

charlie G.

Harley I have found that the only WLT leaf that will need a higher case will be the wrapper. All filler and binder I have received has been good to roll as it was when it arrived. If you think it is tough rolling the binder it may be missed to a med case. I use a misting spray bottle you use for house plants. I mist with distilled water let sit a minute or few then pat dry with a paper towel to use. It will be a learning curve for you to get it were you want or need it to roll your wrappers on. I have found I like a high case to help get a tighter and smoother finished wrapper. But everyone has their own system. Don't be afraid to unwrap and rewrap till you are satisfied with your cigars.
I mix my pectin glue to the consistency of a thin paste. Someone else will be able to give you a better idea on it tho.
Can I ask if you are a tradesman ? My brothers worked most all the refueling outages and maintenance outages on the Limerick nuke here in PA. Our whole family were carpenters but we are all retired now. And remember always work safe brother.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If you're leaving for a week or two, just leave the tobacco in the bags they were shipped in. Once those bags are sealed, the tobacco stays in the same condition for a year or more.

Smokin Harley

Harley I have found that the only WLT leaf that will need a higher case will be the wrapper. All filler and binder I have received has been good to roll as it was when it arrived. If you think it is tough rolling the binder it may be missed to a med case. I use a misting spray bottle you use for house plants. I mist with distilled water let sit a minute or few then pat dry with a paper towel to use. It will be a learning curve for you to get it were you want or need it to roll your wrappers on. I have found I like a high case to help get a tighter and smoother finished wrapper. But everyone has their own system. Don't be afraid to unwrap and rewrap till you are satisfied with your cigars.
I mix my pectin glue to the consistency of a thin paste. Someone else will be able to give you a better idea on it tho.
Can I ask if you are a tradesman ? My brothers worked most all the refueling outages and maintenance outages on the Limerick nuke here in PA. Our whole family were carpenters but we are all retired now. And remember always work safe brother.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am a tradesman,21 years with Local 174 from Will County IL ,my dad retired from the same 22 years ago. The job is Dresden in the neighboring local 916's area.

Status
Not open for further replies.