Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Catterton, anybody else how it tastes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

I made a new cigg batch last night. A little of this and that and this and that and a bunch of this. Catterton is really different I like it. it is like a little cigar taste in a cigarette.?
Just checking my taste buds.
Thanks BT

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I found Catterton to be a fairly nice looking plant, with generous, erect leaves. It seemed to color-cure easily. As a Maryland, it seemed milder than most. I did not recognize a cigar note.

Bob

DonH

I made a new cigg batch last night. A little of this and that and this and that and a bunch of this. Catterton is really different I like it. it is like a little cigar taste in a cigarette.?
Just checking my taste buds.
Thanks BT
Yep, that's a good description. Have you tried WLT's Maryland 609? Very similar to Catterton. I grew it last year and will grow it again next year. Adds some richness to a cigarette blend, like how some people put a bit of Havana in a cigarette. The plant is a good producer, too.

Brown Thumb

I have Dons 609 I have to shred some up and give it a try.
I put Havana in my mix also sometimes. I think that is milder tasting than the catterton. Unless I went overboard with the Catterton.

vinconco

I grew 75 Catterton this year. Nice plants, big leaves. They came back in case today so I'm cutting them off the wires and flattening them out for storage in the WLT vapor proof bags. I have some in the kiln now and will be trying it in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.