Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

rolled my first two sticks tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

ok , first review of my first rolling. Sabroso medio blend from WLT. Took me three stores to find the fruit pectin(Ball brand at Jewel Osco, I have enough to last me a while . First try at proper goma mixing turned out like jello jigglers,lol. Second mix went much better,let it sit and its a nice clear paste. Used two whole leaves each of the fillers in the kit,entubado. I did case up the Dom binder (sprayed some distilled water and rolled it up in a paper towel to soak some water up so it wasn't soaked.) Habano 2000 wrapper. I have to say its not exactly rolled fully correct as I know now I need to fill the head end much more as I ended up with a soft head, and the body was easily drawn. I rolled a 6 x 56 ,free hand , no mould was used of course. Taste - definitely to my liking (as good or better than a store bought stick, even burn(so that tells me I got the bunching pretty good.) I just need to work on the head end and I did not attempt a cap at this point. I was after a taste right now to test the blend. I did get almost an entire hour smoke out of it . If it wasn't 40 degrees out I would have gotten more time out of it . Got a little buzz. But overall I like the blend . I definitely don't need anything stronger . Sorry theres no pic of the stick ,I got too excited to try it. I put stick #2 in the humi and once I get time after the outage, I'll test that out to see how that mellows out. Overall,I'm very pleased with my first.

charlie G.

Congrats Harley on an enjoyable first cigar.
And don't feel bad about the soft head it will come in time. Maybe roll your cigars a little longer then you want the finished cigar to be and clip the head where it's fuller like you cut the foot. I roll torpedos and still have soft heads on mine now and then. After 3 months it's still a learning thing for me to work out the bugs.
It's all in the enjoying the taste of your own hand made cigars. Enjoy

DGBAMA

Congrats on your first. Ends are tricky to get full. I just roll a little longer than I want, and trim back until the end is firm.

If you want to smoke one without waiting, I roll it in a paper towel and microwave about 15sec (until warm), then let cool to room temp, about 30 mins. This normally dries the wrapper and binder "just enough".

Freeotatv

Agreed on cutting the tip to the firm section. The key is the fold the filler leaves and alsonhow you stack them to get a good firm body.

When rolling the binder if the filler doesnt seem uniform..its an easy time to realign the filler so the stack is a bit more uniform or just tear a few more fillers to fill in that ends a bit.

Congrats...the first one is a memorable moment

Smokin Harley

I was about halfway through the smoke when my wife popped her head outside to make sure I wasn't passed out or frozen,lol. She said it smelled good. Whether or not I get the head end down pat, I doubt I will be buying too many store bought sticks

webmost

I was about halfway through the smoke when my wife popped her head outside to make sure I wasn't passed out or frozen,lol. She said it smelled good. Whether or not I get the head end down pat, I doubt I will be buying too many store bought sticks

Superb rolling skill is not the answer.
Don's leaf is the answer.

... and that's the truth

Gdaddy

Superb rolling skill is not the answer.
Don's leaf is the answer.

... and that's the truth

That is the truth!

If the tobacco is good then even a poorly rolled cigar will still taste good but if the tobacco is bad the mechanics of rolling won't make a difference.

Smokin Harley

Rolled a few more this morning before we went out for errand running. Attempted a cap...eh...one 5x50 turned out "ok" ..I need to watch the "rolling habanos" video again,maybe stop it at each step , re-watch,etc, over and over...that lady makes it look so easy.

Raodwarior

Yes she does, there is another series that really helped me too, when I get a chance to find it again I will post you a link. Just finishing up the cigars I am sending you they should be ready to ship by Monday :)

webmost

yes she does, there is another series that really helped me too, when i get a chance to find it again i will post you a link. Just finishing up the cigars i am sending you they should be ready to ship by monday :)
use the magic box!

Smokin Harley

pics of my cigars.jpg

ok, pic may come out really huge. idk how to edit for size . the smallest is about a 44 , big stick is a 64 ring. far left 3 are regular entubado perfectos, next two are cuban sandwich style perfectos. All are basically the same blend/proportion from WLT "Sabroso Medio" kit .

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokin Harley

heres my problem downloading , its not easy and apparently doesnt work well. I take a pic with my phones camera, send that to my email because my data plan to try to send it here directly costs me and the whole touch screen deal sucks. I go from email to google file and then try to upload to the site which then says its too big of a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.